EVH 5150III custom cable

Ugmo

Hello,

I bought a Mini Amp Gizmo and the custom cable to enable channel switching on an EVH 5150III with a TC Electronics G System. However, as soon as I plug the custom cable into the back of the amp, all channel LEDs go off and I hear nothing but a hum that gets louder when I turn up the volume on clean channel 1. Am I doing something wrong or is this supposed to happen? I have read elsewhere that this could indicate a problem with the cable. Any help would be appreciated.

That sounds like a defective cable to me. I'd be happy to replace it if you can send it to us (you can also send it to your local dealer if you're not in the US)

I apologize for the inconvenience...

I actually already sent it back to the dealer in Germany once, but they told me I was using the wrong power source (9V DC rather than 12V DC) and sent it back to me.

Can I send you the cable at the address listed on the main page under "contact info"?

9VDC will definitely cause a problem, but not a hum problem like you describe. You can certainly send it back to our contact address and we'll fix it for you right away. Please enclose a note explaining the problem and give us your return address. We'll get it fixed for you as quickly as possible!

Hello, I sent the cable out from Vienna, Austria a few days ago with the return address included.

Back