Exporting Songs

Wesley Winford

How do you export songs in the editor? I have over 100 songs saved and around 500 presets, and will be out of space soon if I need to keep adding songs. I’d like to be able to move the songs/presets that I rarely use now to external storage and be able to load certain ones back again if that song pops up on a setlist

Go to file, Export...songs...:)

Problem is, I don't think you can pick which ones, I think it does them all at the same time.

The export / import area of the editor could use some TLC. Currently, I believe that when you export presets for example, you can choose to export a range, say 1-100 for example. Well, it just makes a .rjs file. To import them, you have to already have open the file you want to import into and then open that saved file...it will then ovewrite presets 1-100 with your saved file.

This is only good if you don't have anything in 1-100 that you care about in the file. We need the ability to say we'd like to import 100 presets and put them in "place x". I'm like you...I'm quickly creating presets all the time and eventually will need to export them and save them in case something comes up in the future. But I need to be able to put them where I want them.

Would be nice if presets (or songs) were exported as a different file type or something, where we could just drag that individual file into the editor and insert it where we want. Similar to the way Strymon does their setup (there may be better ways out there...I'm only familiar with Strymon). I guess it gets a little confusing when you export songs, since what you are really doing is exporting a group of presets. Not sure what the best way to deal with this is...

Back