External Switch Issue

brakho

Hi Ron, a few years ago, I upgraded from an LT to a GT16. I just dusted off the LT to control a smaller board of pedals that were sitting idle - Big Sky, Timeline and H9. I've encountered a problem I had never experienced before when using a dual external switch. Both switch inputs intermittently and sporadically trigger button presses. I initially programmed the switches to toggle two device bypass commands. While sitting idle, both inputs would independently and very sporadically issue toggle bypass commands. The LEDs lit consistent to the active/inactive states. Just for drill, I reprogrammed the buttons to tap tempo and Next Page commands. The same false triggering occurred. I've test with several different aux switches and they all behaved similarly. I updated the firmware from 4.9.1 to 5.2.1 but the issue persisted. For now, I can get around the issue by programming the bypass commands on a button Hold (set to 500ms). That seems to be long enough to filter out any spurious impulses. But obviously, I'm losing 50% functionality.

Thanks for the prompt response Ron. Since this isn't my main board, I can live with the workaround.

Back