External Switch Y split cable query

rockgod78

Hi Guys,

I'm getting a Y split cable made for me but I have a question from the builder. The situation is this. From the External switch input, I'm going to split that with one cable going to my Mission rjm-sp1 expression pedal to control the toe switch and the other going to a tap tempo switch. The problem is, one of the cables will be longer that the other as the pedals will be in different locations on the board. My builder would like to know which cable needs the tip and which needs the sleeve connected or does it not matter which one is which?

I hope that makes sense and thanks in advance!

One lead needs tip and sleeve connected. That's switch #1. The lead for switch #2 needs ring and sleeve connected.

Thanks for the info!! Does it matter which one needs to go to the expression pedal or not as I’ll have to let them know whether the tip or ring needs connecting on the longer cable. I take it they can use the Switchcraft 380’s on the ends that go in to the pedals? Thanks!

It doesn't matter which one goes to the expression pedal's switch. 380s on the TS ends are fine.

Back