External Swtich Issues

Andrealoud

Hi!

I have connected an external two button foot switch to my LT. I've successfully set it up to turn the tuner on my H9 on and off on my Presets page and on my page that controls my Space. However, when I choose a preset on the Presets page it engages the Tuner on the H9 and the Tuner won't disengage no matter which button I press, including the external switch. I do not have the same issue on the Space page - it all works as expected.

I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Presets.jpeg
    Presets.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Global.jpeg
    Global.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Ext Switch Settings 1.jpeg
    Ext Switch Settings 1.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 11
  • Ext Swich Settings 2.jpeg
    Ext Swich Settings 2.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 11
Turn off Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change on the button. Also set the action to CC Toggle instead of CC Momentary.

Thanks! I turned off Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change on the button. And set the action to CC Toggle instead of CC Momentary. When I wrote the changes to device, i had to press the external footswitch twice to engage/disengage the tuner. I changed the action back to CC Momentary and it now works as expected: I set the button to Global and now when I click the external footswitch the tuner engages, and when I press the external footswitch again, the tuner disengages, on all pages.

It's working fine for me, but want to confirm why CC Toggle requires two presses of the footswitch and Momentary only one.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• Tuner Global.jpeg
    Tuner Global.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 1
Is your footswitch a latching footswitch? If so, that would explain it. The LT is not designed to work with latching footswitches, although I can see how it might work in your particular case when using CC Momentary. The LT expects to see the switch change when it's pressed and when it's released. This is the case with a momentary switch. When using a latching switch, it only sees a change when the switch is pressed (it switches from off to on each time you press it). That's why you need to press the switch twice, doing that approximates what a momentary switch does.

More information on external switches:
https://rjmmusic.freshdesk.com/supp...n-external-switch-for-a-mastermind-gt-lt-pbc-

Is your footswitch a latching footswitch? If so, that would explain it. The LT is not designed to work with latching footswitches, although I can see how it might work in your particular case when using CC Momentary. The LT expects to see the switch change when it's pressed and when it's released. This is the case with a momentary switch. When using a latching switch, it only sees a change when the switch is pressed (it switches from off to on each time you press it). That's why you need to press the switch twice, doing that approximates what a momentary switch does.

More information on external switches:
https://rjmmusic.freshdesk.com/supp...n-external-switch-for-a-mastermind-gt-lt-pbc-
Thanks again. Here are the specs on my pedal. It was made by Saturnworks.

Amp / Device Switches - Momentary Double Switch Normally Open Pro TRS

So, it looks to not be a latching switch?

A switch designed for amps is almost always going to be a latching switch. From their website:

Need an upgraded or smaller switch for your amp or device? Saturnworks amp/device switches are compact and high quality switches for amps or other devices requiring basic on/off switching.

Please note: if you don’t see what you’re looking for here, please check out our tap tempo pedal page, where you will find a large selection of momentary (aka unlatching) switches.

Thanks again for all of your help. I’m def learning a lot about switches. Is there any downside to setting up the switch using cc momentary?

Thanks again for all of your help. I’m def learning a lot about switches. Is there any downside to setting up the switch using cc momentary?

I can't really say for sure. Your particular configuration is not anything I've ever tried. It seems like it should continue to work as you're using it, but you would definitely not be able to program the button to turn on or off on presets changes or anything like that.

Back