FEATURE REQUEST LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, both of you!

Alexander - I'll think about that - that might be easy to do, I just have to look at some details of how the existing hold function support works.

Mr.E - good ideas, some are easier to implement than others. I will fix the Macro issue for sure. When moving songs or presets in their lists, the editor will update any references to those songs or presets. I just need to do the same for Macros. Tempo Menu would be easy. Predefined buttons and pedals are a good idea, but not something that could happen quickly.

I think that's already possible.
Just select
Button Mode: Hold
Button Type: Preset

I know what you mean but it's not the same. Dedicated preset switches currently have no HOLD function. HOLD functionality is more than be able to select another preset.

You probably grow tired of the requests, but personally I'd welcome the addition of HOLD functionality to PRESET switches. Offering the same choices as 2nd press and IAs. Far less confusing than using 2nd press. And makes it less necessary to use multiple pages or IA Mode.

In thinking about this more, is there really something that the 2nd press options can do that you can't achieve by assigning a hold function to the preset button?

The 2nd press options and their hold function equivalents are:

Same: doesn't do anything!
Previous: set a hold function, type IA with System / Preset preset:previous
Global: set a hold function, type IA with System / Preset preset:IA
Reload: ok, it might not do this one, but this is probably the option that makes the most sense for 2nd press
IA: set a hold function, type IA with whatever actions to you want it to do.

Am I missing anything?

In thinking about this more, is there really something that the 2nd press options can do that you can't achieve by assigning a hold function to the preset button?

The 2nd press options and their hold function equivalents are:

Same: doesn't do anything!
Previous: set a hold function, type IA with System / Preset preset:previous
Global: set a hold function, type IA with System / Preset preset:IA
Reload: ok, it might not do this one, but this is probably the option that makes the most sense for 2nd press
IA: set a hold function, type IA with whatever actions to you want it to do.

Am I missing anything?

Hi Ron, it's not meant for additional actions, it's meant as an alternative way to achieve the same things.

In the chaos of live performances, things aren't always clear. That's why I assign "2nd press" to 'Reload'. It's my "panic button", so to say.

This still leaves room for the same preset switch to do something else when being "held" (instead of 2nd press). This way preset switches would have 3 possible modi operandi: 1st press / 2nd press / hold. More or less the same as IA switches.

In other words: I could have Reload (2nd press) AND Previous (hold) on the same switch, instead of one of those.

Mr.E - good ideas, some are easier to implement than others. I will fix the Macro issue for sure. When moving songs or presets in their lists, the editor will update any references to those songs or presets. I just need to do the same for Macros. Tempo Menu would be easy. Predefined buttons and pedals are a good idea, but not something that could happen quickly.
Thanks Ron.
I've been doing some programming and testing and this thing is really incredible. Glad I finally got it :)

Would you like to think about the one preset per song?
The idea is that, if you use only one preset for a song, the song uses the same layout as the preset.

Hi Ron, it's not meant for additional actions, it's meant as an alternative way to achieve the same things.

In the chaos of live performances, things aren't always clear. That's why I assign "2nd press" to 'Reload'. It's my "panic button", so to say.

This still leaves room for the same preset switch to do something else when being "held" (instead of 2nd press). This way preset switches would have 3 possible modi operandi: 1st press / 2nd press / hold. More or less the same as IA switches.

In other words: I could have Reload (2nd press) AND Previous (hold) on the same switch, instead of one of those.

But, can't you just assign a hold function to the preset button to achieve that? For your example, turn on the hold function, set type to IA, add a System / Preset preset:previous action to the button. Turn on IA Link and Momentary for the button, turn off Send / Update on Preset Change so the button doesn't trigger on preset changes. You would have to do that same setup for each of your preset buttons, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Thanks Ron.
I've been doing some programming and testing and this thing is really incredible. Glad I finally got it :)

Would you like to think about the one preset per song?
The idea is that, if you use only one preset for a song, the song uses the same layout as the preset.

I'll have to look back at your older posts so I can remember what the benefit of this feature would be. Maybe the easiest way to make this happen is to allow you to add presets directly to a setlist, bypassing songs?

But, can't you just assign a hold function to the preset button to achieve that? For your example, turn on the hold function, set type to IA, add a System / Preset preset:previous action to the button. Turn on IA Link and Momentary for the button, turn off Send / Update on Preset Change so the button doesn't trigger on preset changes. You would have to do that same setup for each of your preset buttons, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Oh man, somehow I totally missed that this feature is already available. My bad, sorry to waste your time (and mine). :)

Still, one wish, if I may: the option (per button) to keep the (entire) display reserved for the "Normal" title, instead of dividing it between Normal and Hold.

Last edited:
I'll have to look back at your older posts so I can remember what the benefit of this feature would be. Maybe the easiest way to make this happen is to allow you to add presets directly to a setlist, bypassing songs?
That would do the trick

Oh man, somehow I totally missed that this feature is already available. My bad, sorry to waste your time (and mine). :)

Still, one wish, if I may: the option (per button) to keep the (entire) display reserved for the "Normal" title, instead of dividing it between Normal and Hold.

Makes sense!

This is an example of one preset per song:
Are%20You%20Ready%20RJM.PNG

It's all I need for a song.
The bottom row is for commands in order of use for a song.
Above that are most blocks I need if I want to change something on the fly and also to show me which blocks are On and Off.
And there are the global pages I can always access.
Pretty simple.

Makes sense. So, you're only using songs so that you can arrange the presets in setlists and be able to reorder them on the fly? Or is there something else I'm missing?

Someone mentioned this and i got a grin when i read it. I can't find it, so I'll type what i recall/agreed with.

Perhaps a way to show the expression pedal value on a screen as a char title and a line graph? Perhaps a way to toggle if the exp pedal is sent as exact value or as a pass thru (or catchup) of its previously stored value per preset? I havent fooled with my pedal and presets much, but it would be freaking amazing if i had a way to see the actual value my pedal is sending.

Makes sense. So, you're only using songs so that you can arrange the presets in setlists and be able to reorder them on the fly? Or is there something else I'm missing?
I'm not using songs at all.
I only use presets since I can do everything with one preset per song.

This is somehow the difference between the Gordius (and onther controllers) and the RJM.
In the Gordius you have different type of blocks like Actions Blocks (Buttons) in the GT (Momentary, Trigger, TWo-state Blocks, Macro's,..) and Patches.
A Patch is actually a bunch of commands comprised of Action Blocks in a predefinedstate (On or Off) and other Midi commands.

Then you would make a bank. This is actually similar to a Preset on the GT.
A bank could contain Patches and Action Blocks
And then you had the choice to use one Bank per Song. This way, when you created a Bank, a Song would be created automatically with the same name as the Bank.

Or you could use the same Bank for different songs.

And then you made Setlists with the Songs.

All this is very similar.
But as you can see, in the GT, what I'm doing is using a Preset to create a Bank which is used for a Song.
I actualy use the one Bank (or Preset) per song method.

That's why there's no need (for me) for a Songlist.
It would be easier to just add a Preset directly to the Setlist.

Hope this makes sense.

I'm also using the one-preset-per-song approach. I change sounds using scenes within the preset.

I'd very much like to see a one-click macro, or something like that, that would create individual songs from all presets, similar to the "Set Preset PCs to Sequential" action.

Or indeed have the option to directly assign presets to setlists.

Last edited:
'next' and 'prev' preset select buttons (select preset state) being able to repeat on hold? Lotta taps to get from preset 1 to preset 240. Cost me another button to use the "preset number" feature.

Hmmm, Preset Up and Preset Down button types are in the list of buttons that repeat. Are you using them, or IA buttons with preset actions?

Is it possible to program a button that does specific device preset Number Menu Pages?

I know you can do specific device Preset Up and Preset Down commands, but is it possible to, let's say make a page with buttons like "Axe-Fx Preset Number Menu" and "Triaxis Preset Number Menu" where I could then hit that button and be taken to a menu with numbers 0-9, Enter, and Cancel where I could manually type whatever preset number and Enter, and then specified device automatically goes to that preset number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back