found out isp theta distorion pedal has remote switch TRS x2

spiritledd

So I have made up my mind to get the ISP Theta for next purchase ...I found out ISP Theta distortion pedal (which has awesome tone!) has remote switching TRS jacks x2 ...not to mention hands down best noise gate circuit in the world!!!!

cool thing is... I just happen to have two TRS function switches still available on Rack Gizmo ...this way I will have the best of both worlds ...tube distortion, and chip

keeping Marshall amps distortion at 1/4, I can use Theta as distortion in front of amp ...also this way, I can use my delay and mod in front of amp too, and still in back too, thru amp send/return loops using stereo channel outs of delay and mod as "out #2" instead of stereo outs

I have stereo chorus on one amp and I split it between two 4x12 cabs ...and I use two delays split between two amps, so I still have lots stereo imaging ...I actually have cabs running in stereo too, so I have two speakers in one cab for one amp and vicea versa ...they are split bottom and top, not side to side, but I still get side to side delay and mod imaging this way

also, I found out using 1/4 volume of amp distortion on heavy channels with Damage Control distortion pedal on 1/2 drive and gain, I still retain a good Marshall tone and actually a lot quieter as far as hiss and hum, and fatter low end too ...also 1/4 of Marshall amp distortion seems to be the limit for delay and mod to still work through front end ...I did not like tone using distortion through clean channels

probably gonna think this is crazy, but I am serious ...using this method, I have attained (the perfect tone in my opinion) AC/DC+Metallica sound ...what I mean is, I don't have to set up with super high gain to get sustain and chunk ...if I hit a chord and let it ring, it sounds like AC/DC ...but if I palm mute and chunk around, it sounds like Metallica ...never before have I been able to get this sound ...funniest part is, I play worship music, and this an ideal tone for that

also I can still use my Damage Control (outboard tube distortion/compressor), for heavy distortion/light effects, and the Theta for light distortion heavy effects or any number of combinations ...I love it when a plan comes together :lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ISP-Technologie ... 1c357700ef

Back