"Get Preset Names" function hangs and does nothing - SOLVED

Chuk

I need some help with a problem with my MMGT22 (4.6.2).
I'm trying to update the Preset/Scene names from my AxeFXIII (17.01) but when I select "Get Preset Names" and then "Get Scenes" ON, the MMGT just 'hangs' after I press START. If I change 'Get Scenes" to OFF then the MMGT will update but it takes a VERY LONG time and when it is finished there are NO preset names displayed on the bottom row of my unit which would normally display the names.
The unit otherwise works fine but I can't see the presets.
Also, the Scene names didn't update anyway. The only way to fix this is via restoration of an earlier backup file.
This happened to me a month ago when I tried the same procedure.
Does anyone have any insight into what is amiss?
Cheers.

Try formatting the drive from the GT (in the System Functions menu), then copy the file onto the drive again. See if that helps.

I re-formatted the drive from within System Functions but I can't transfer firmware onto drive because Windows 10 wants re-format it again so it can be read by the PC.

That's weird. I've never seen a PC fail to read a drive formatted by the GT. Do you have another drive you can try?

It was a 4th drive that the PC accepted from the GT format.
(Very strange because the first drive is the one I've always used to update the GT. Go figure.)
Anyhow....The firmware loaded as it normally would.
I then successfully updated the GT with "Get Preset Names" and the Scene Names also updated!!
Phew.
Thanks again Ron. :D

Back