Global Preset for Wah with Mobius

Gasperina

Hi,

I would like to use the global preset to use the Wah-effect of the mobius with the expression pedal Mission, so that I can activate the Wah from anywhere. So if i press twice the same button, it works very well so that it turns on the mobius effect and Mission pedal.

I use midi for changing chanels on my amp. I have programmed on the page for switches 3 buttons and grouped it to the Group 1 (clean, crunch, lead chanel). Now I would like to add the Wah-effect (global preset) idependent on which amp-chanel I am. The problem is, that with the Group 1, one chanel must be activated. Is there a possibility to not select a button on the Group? Actually it jumps from one button to the other within the Group.

Mi goal is, to put the Wah effect on the same chanel amp I'm actualy playing.

Thanks a lot for your help!

There is a checkbox in the General tab on the editor where you can allow all group buttons to be off, not sure if having them all off in the global preset will keep the channel on your amp unchanged, you'd have to try.

Just remember that the GP is precisely that, a preset, not an IA, so you will recall all other settings associated with that preset whenever you call up the wah sound.

There is a checkbox in the General tab on the editor where you can allow all group buttons to be off, not sure if having them all off in the global preset will keep the channel on your amp unchanged, you'd have to try.

Just remember that the GP is precisely that, a preset, not an IA, so you will recall all other settings associated with that preset whenever you call up the wah sound.
It would be cool if the global preset could be used as a global IA!

It would be cool if the global preset could be used as a global IA!

Not the same, but I used to have certain "always there" IA functions on a two button external switch. One switch took me to a PBC page to control the Timeline looper, and the other switch took me to a PBC page where I control preset scrolling on my MIDI devices. At one point I had one of those switches activate a wah sound on the H9 which is what the OP was looking to do with the GP.

Now I use the same two button switch for bank up and down of presets.

I do something similar to this. I have an IA button on a page that changes my Mobius midi CC to the wah patch and at the same time turns on the loop action that the Mobius is in (I use pre/post mode).

What's cool about it is you can hit the wah IA and do your solo or whatever and then I have the second preset push set to Reload the preset which brings all of my midi and loops back to the original preset.

You just have to make sure your wah IA is set to IA link so it overrides your current preset to get the effect.

Back