Global Preset Woes

schuerman

This used to function on my PBC years ago. It stopped working a few revisions ago, so I decided to just not use the function for awhile -- but now I need it again.

I'm on 4.5 firmware. I factory reset the unit and built it up again from scratch.

I'm trying to assign a button to the Global Preset. That part is working fine no matter if I right click the button and select "IA" or "PRESET" under the TYPE menu.

What is not working is getting out of the Global Preset back to the previous preset. No matter what I do, once I am in the Global Preset and I try to get out by selecting BANK UP or BANK DOWN -- the unit tells me that there is "NO PRESET". FYI, I do not use any Preset Buttons (I change via Instant Bank Switching/Bank Buttons), so because of this I have no way to get back to the main button page or the previous preset without restarting the PBC. I simply want to hit the button to access the Global Preset then hit the same button to return to the previous preset.

I've searched the forum and tried the various checkboxes but nothing is helping.

FWIW this functionality of the Global Preset does not work when the PBC has been initialized to factory default. It did, however, in prior firmwares (on my end).

I'm not sure what to say here - the bank buttons are designed to work only in conjunction with preset buttons, I'm surprised you got them to work at all.

I'm guessing you're using song & setlist mode, and using preset - and + buttons? That's the only way I can imagine it might work.

I am not using Song & Setlist mode. I've been using it this way for a couple years now. When the unit powers on it defaults to Preset 1. None of the buttons on my page 1 are preset buttons. They are all either IA for loops or CC/PCs for MIDI pedals. When I want to go to the next "song", I just hit the Bank + button and it goes to Preset #2. Been working wonderfully.

As stated before, I used it in this manner in conjunction with button 6 being my Global Preset toggle. This functionality died a few revisions ago and I can't get it back.

Try using Preset + and Preset - buttons instead of bank buttons, it should work a lot better.

Back