Groove Tubes Soul-O-75?

DRC

I'm sure there has to be a pin schematic somewhere for it? It's only a clean/scream or both with a loop in/out so I'm guessing I could switch it with 3 jacks as opposed to an 8 pin. Have you had any requests for it?

I haven't done a cable for that amp yet. I found some schematics online, but they don't have the footswitching part of the circuit. Does it have 1/4" switching jacks on it?

rjmmusic said:
I haven't done a cable for that amp yet. I found some schematics online, but they don't have the footswitching part of the circuit. Does it have 1/4" switching jacks on it?

No. It's a 5 pin connector that is hardwired to the footswitch. I can send a picture if you'd like me to?

I'd need a pinout that shows what each connector pin does, then I can make the cable... I'll keep digging...

I have tried contacting Aspen Pittman about that pin layout but I have yet to hear back. Hopefully I'll get some kind of answer this week. The only replies I got were from Myles Rose who worked at GT from what I gather and he gave me contact info. Fender didn't have any kind of answer for me at all. That was back in Oct 2010. I sent Mr. Pittman another email today just in case my earlier attempts ended up in his spam filter.

If I don't get any reply would it help if I sent you the foot switch? Not sure if it would be of any use to you or if "reverse engineering" would be worth your time. I'm just guessing there has to be a few more Soul-O-75 owners out there that would want to use their heads with your switcher.

No luck finding any info here.

You can send the footswitch in if you'd like. I've done it that way before. I can usually get it figured out in a day or so.

I just got a reply from a guy at Fender after posting in a few forums. This is what he sent to me in an email:

The footswitch connector should be a five-pin DIN, and will look like a standard MIDI connector. The pin functions are as follows:

Pin 1: Ground
Pin 2: +5 volts (used to power LEDs in the footswitch)
Pin 3: Mean Channel
Pin 4: Effects Loop
Pin 5: Clean Channel

The way this works is pins 3-5 are normally tied to ground. Opening any connection from ground will turn that function on. For example, ungrounding pin 5 will turn on the clean channel. You can mix both channel by ungrounding pins 5 and 3.

Okay, that's easy enough to work with. If you need us to make one, just let me know!

Ron, I know this goes back a bit, but I think I am going to just pick up an Amp Gizmo because I have some other things I need switched other than just the GT. Going on this info:

The footswitch connector should be a five-pin DIN, and will look like a standard MIDI connector. The pin functions are as follows:

Pin 1: Ground
Pin 2: +5 volts (used to power LEDs in the footswitch)
Pin 3: Mean Channel
Pin 4: Effects Loop
Pin 5: Clean Channel

The way this works is pins 3-5 are normally tied to ground. Opening any connection from ground will turn that function on. For example, ungrounding pin 5 will turn on the clean channel. You can mix both channel by ungrounding pins 5 and 3.

Would I be able to get away with only using switches 1, 2 and 3 on the Amp Gizmo to switch channels and the loop (on/off)? I am never going to run both channels at the same time and I won't need to power footswitch LED's. Is this doable? I was hoping to use:
Switches #1-3 for the GT
Switch #4 for the boost on my Dr.Z RxES
Switches #5 & #6 for my Carl Martin Reverbs and..
Switches #7 & #8 for my Suhr Kokoboost.

Actually, you can get away with two switches: one for mean, one for clean (both switches off will put you in the other channel). We can build a cable for you that uses switches 1 and 2 if you;d like.

That's great. And would I only need switch #3 to turn the effects loop on and off? Would it be better to contact you by phone on the pin connections or would you like an email with photos of the footswitch connector?

rjmmusic said:
Actually, you can get away with two switches: one for mean, one for clean (both switches off will put you in the other channel). We can build a cable for you that uses switches 1 and 2 if you;d like.

Yes, you could use pin 3 for the loop. I don't think we need any further information to give it a shot, except for the length of cable you require.

Ron I could use one of these cables buddy...

length would be 15 inches,

Please let me know the procedure for payment. I have paypal and mastercard.

You have my email on file but I will email it to you as well.

thanks Ron..

Back