GT/22 and GigRig G3

geoffwr19

Hello all,

I'm a complete newcomer to MIDI, and am having some struggles with getting my MMGT to talk with my G3. A little background - I am using two MEGXs and a G3 for my loops, and (attempting to) controlling it all from the MMGT. My MIDI signal is going through multiple MIDI solutions Quadra Thru boxes, with the two MEGXs and G3 being direct connects from the MMGT, and the fourth output of the Quad Thru connecting the next Quad Thru. I have 15 MIDI devices total that I am sending MIDI messages to, and the Quad Thru boxes are all set up in the same way as the first; devices in outputs 1-3, and the connection to the next Quad Thru in output 4.

So, what I am attempting to do first is setup IA switches for each of my loops. Easy as pie with the MEGXs, but I'm struggling trying to get the G3 loops to respond in the same way. I tried setting up stompbox mode presets in G3, and then using the MIDI map that's integrated within G3 to set a PC command that I could send from the MMGT. This was somewhat successful, but I had to press the IA button twice to turn the loop on or off. I've asked in my G3 group if there are master PC messages to turn loops on/off, but haven't gotten a good answer as of yet.

Any advice or help is welcome.

Thanks!

Geoff

Back