Gt16 powered via battery bank

Shanesplanet

Just figured i'd post that I'm successfully powering the gt16 with a ravpower battery pack. I have had it running for about 9hrs now, and the battery has depleted to 55%. It takes about 4 hrs to charge. The pack also runs a few usb devices and wireless guitar for me, so i SHOULD be able to remain battery powered via laptop and battery. Sometimes a battery offers quieter power, but im not vouching for stability..
DSCN5544.JPG

Cool! Please keep us posted on how it holds up!

FYI, as the voltage drops, the displays will start to fade to black. Once this happens, you'll have a little time before its other functions start to fail. Low voltage shouldn't damage anything, but you'll definitely want the battery charged pretty soon after you start seeing the displays start to misbehave.

I let the machine run until it powered out. I was a tad concerned for its internal regualtor, since i didnt see your post beforehand. I have replaced a few, go figure. The qt-16 lasted at 16hrs before it went out. The pack showed 3% charge remain and the gt just went black. I assume i didnt notice the screen fading because the pack has an internal voltage regulator that maintains 12v output, even as the batteries get depleted. After a 4 hr charge, it was back to 16 hours ready. I call it a success and the pack enables me to use the controller via laptop w/o an outlet. Off to find a sheet of lexan to cut and mount on the top of this beast....

Back