GT22 question on mystery feature

LeeMHouk

If somebody could explain to me, what’s going on with the blue backlight as I switch between these presets. I’m sure it’s a feature, but I really don’t know what’s going on. Look at the video and let me know what you think. 5.1.0 firmware.
Song Lists Presets Page 1, 1st preset 501.

Attachments

• GT22 Feb192024 FW510_LH.rjs
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
It appears that what's happening is that those preset buttons have an alternate function in IA mode that selects scenes on the Axe-Fx. For some reason, the "on" state is kind of bleeding through and changing the color of the preset buttons, even when you're not in IA mode. You can see this in action - if you page through the scenes on the Axe-Fx (using the Axe-Fx's buttons), the blue highlight will move from button to button on the GT.

If you're not using the scene selection buttons, you can remove the scene actions from those buttons and the problem should go away. I'll work on a fix for this for the next release.

I finally had some more time to look at this, and it actually is working as intended, more or less.

When Preset 2nd Press is set to IA, pressing a preset button activates the IA function underneath. The preset button changes to the button's "IA on" color to indicate that the IA is turned on. Pressing it a 3rd time switches the IA function off and returns the button to the preset button's normal color.

You have IA actions underneath the preset buttons that select Axe-Fx scenes. When the Axe-Fx changes scenes, any IA button that selects that scene automatically turns on. So the IA underneath the preset button turns on and its color shows through.

To disable this, you can remove the scene IAs underneath the preset buttons, as I mentioned above. Or, you can do one of the following:

- Set the IA on color to black - this tells it to not change the button color when the IA is activated
- Or, you can add another action at the top of the list. The GT only looks at the first action in a button's list when searching for scene buttons. If you have something like a Macro action that calls an empty macro in the first position, it won't try to do anything with the button when a scene change happens.

I finally had some more time to look at this, and it actually is working as intended, more or less.

When Preset 2nd Press is set to IA, pressing a preset button activates the IA function underneath. The preset button changes to the button's "IA on" color to indicate that the IA is turned on. Pressing it a 3rd time switches the IA function off and returns the button to the preset button's normal color.

You have IA actions underneath the preset buttons that select Axe-Fx scenes. When the Axe-Fx changes scenes, any IA button that selects that scene automatically turns on. So the IA underneath the preset button turns on and its color shows through.

To disable this, you can remove the scene IAs underneath the preset buttons, as I mentioned above. Or, you can do one of the following:

- Set the IA on color to black - this tells it to not change the button color when the IA is activated
- Or, you can add another action at the top of the list. The GT only looks at the first action in a button's list when searching for scene buttons. If you have something like a Macro action that calls an empty macro in the first position, it won't try to do anything with the button when a scene change happens.
Thanks Ron! I couldn't remember how I turned that on. I turned it off for now but will come back and revisit that.

Back