H9 Flex

Chuck Hanning

Ho folks,
So for many of my presets when I am using the H9, I enabled the second press to activate IA mode and have been using it to activate the hotswitch function. It's a little clunky in that sometimes you have to go through it once or twice before it starts to work, but as has posted on the forum previously the hotswitch has not been perfect (more of an eventide thing than an RJM thing, Ron)

My question relates to the H9 flex function in the micropitch algorithm. On the HP control app, when you press the button on the app, it works when you hold it and then turns off when you release (seems like it acts like a momentary function). Yet when I try to program in using the IA mode, it doesn't work if I send a CC momentary message. It only works sending a cc toggle message, which actually then requires two presses of the button to turn it on and off, respectively. I have also tried sending a cc toggle message but turning on the momentary function of the button itself (if that makes sense). However still does not work the same as the app flex button. I'm sending 127 to turn on and 0 to turn off.

Anybody got this working on the PBC that better mirrors the function on the app itself? Do I need to send > 64 to turn off?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Chuck

Turning on the Momentary setting should result in one button press being the equivalent of pressing the button twice when Momentary is not turned on.

The only thing I can think of is to try reversing the values so that 127 is the off value and 0 is the on value. Maybe that'll help.

Last edited:
Thinking about this further I looked at the midi mapping’s in the H9 Control app. There does not seem to be midi mapping‘s using the mini command cc momentary. So perhaps the H9 only responds to cc toggle commands? This makes me think that in order to replicate the momentary function in the H9 app perhaps I need to use the cc toggle command but have the software using the momentary function. When I do this and have one action it does indeed work in this mannner to turn on the H9 flex but when I release it the second function does not execute. This makes me think do I actually need two actions? 1) when I first push the button and a second when I then release it. Can I do this in the PBC mastermind software?

it seems to work differently for the pitch factor algorithms.

As far as the H9 is concerned, there's no difference between a CC Toggle button and CC Momentary - the same commands are sent to it by both action types. The only thing that changes is when the commands are sent. Either action type will send an "On" when you press the button, but CC Toggle will send an "Off" when you press the button a second time. CC Momentary will send an Off when you release the button.

A CC Toggle action with the button set to Momentary is the normal way to set it up. Why it's not working for you, I have no idea. If you'd lke to send me your settings, I can have a look.

Back