Help Needed --> 4CM on EG

Hey :)

I want to build a Rack-Setup with some analog pedals and an Axe Fx, but I just cannot figure out the perfect routing on the Effect Gizmo :/
The whole Setup is going to be used in conjunction with a Friedman SmallBox50 head.

Pedals in front of the PreAmp:
- Boss OD3
- TRex MH II
- Suhr Riot
- OBNE "The Haunt" (Fuzz)

Pedals in the Fx Loop of the Amp
- Strymon "Big Sky"

The Axe Fx should be wired using the 4CM, since I´d also like to use the 2CH of the SmallBox (Ch-Switching via EG as well)

Is this whole wiring even possible!?
May I also use the Buffer-IN / CS-circuit or should I stick with the "normal" ones?

Thank you for your help in advance.

No problem...

Guitar into buffer in
"Pre" pedals in loops 1-4
Send 8 to Axe-Fx input
Axe-Fx Out 2 to Return 8
Out 5-8 to front of amp

Amp send to CS In
CS Out to In 9
BigSky in loop 9
Out 9 to In 10
Send 10 to Axe-Fx In 2
Axe-Fx Out 1 to Return 10
Out 10 to amp loop return

Out 12 to amp footswitch jack

That should do it. Loop 8 switches the front half of the Axe-Fx, Loop 10 switches the other half of it. You can use loops 5-7 for more pedals if desired.

Cool - Thank you!

I´ve had the idea of switching from the Friedman (+ Cab) to the Axe Fx from time to time, for the simple reason that I don´t need to bring my whole setup to smaller wedding gigs for example... If I do so, I´d work out some presets on the Axe with preamp and cab sim. How much re-wiring would be needed to do that!?

Connect a cable from Out 5-8 to CS In, then connect output 1 of the Axe-Fx to your PA or power amp. That should do it.

Back