Help needed

Pete Solo

Hi Guys

New member here.

I have had my PBC 10 for just over 2 weeks.

My presets are grouped into songs and then, into a set list. I have Preset + & - buttons set up, so all I have to do, is to press next preset during every song.

On the Main page, I have set up the first 5 buttons to give me instant access to pedals (or algorithms on midi pedals). This is to enable me to turn on or off, specific devices whilst using any preset.

I have also created a button to access new pages 4 to 7, where I have my midi devices and can scroll the presets for each of these devices.

So, if I have a wah sound from my H9 on button 2 on the Main page and I want to swap the wah for a different one on H9, I can access the scroll page and select the new sound.

What I don’t seem to be able to do is to save that sound to button 2 on the fly. The only way I can change this at the moment is to use the online editor, swap the midi pc number and then, save to device.

Has anyone done something similar with IA buttons, not presets.

If so, would you be able to help me with the IA actions needed to get this to work..

Thanks

Do you have an IA Store button set up? That will store the currently selected device PCs to the current preset.

Do you have IA buttons that send PCs to the device? If so, they may be overriding the Dev PC buttons.

Do you have IA buttons that send PCs to the device? If so, they may be overriding the Dev PC buttons.
I have had to allocate a preset for those IA buttons to work.
That way, they send the correct midi pc to the device to activate those sounds.

So I assume once set, these cannot be changed ‘on the fly’.

I was rather hoping it would be possible to do this without having to go via the computer editor.

Sorry, editing buttons requires the editor.

However, the reason I brought it up was: make sure all IA buttons that send PCs to your devices have Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned off. If you leave those on, the buttons will interfere with your Dev PC buttons.

Sorry, editing buttons requires the editor.

However, the reason I brought it up was: make sure all IA buttons that send PCs to your devices have Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned off. If you leave those on, the buttons will interfere with your Dev PC buttons.

Thanks for the suggestion.

First, the good -

I tried unchecking the 'Send on preset change' and the 'Update state on preset change' boxes.

That enables me to make changes and save these - which is what I was after.

Now the bad -

By keeping these boxes unchecked, the preset is overwritten to not only the button I tried this with, but also, the other 2 that utilise the same device (H9) to select the algorithms needed.

So, unless there are another set of specific midi instructions that you are able to advise, it seems I would have to revert to 'saved' options on these 3 buttons, with the only means of changing these,being via the computer editor.

Cheers

I guess I'm not really understanding how you have your PBC set up. If you'd like me to investigate further, please send me your settings file and I can have a look.

Back