Hi

johnnym

Hi there

After what seemed like an eternity of waiting for my LT it finally arrived today. HM Customs and parcelforce seem to take a lifetime releasing goods. I managed to pay the customs tax plus VAT tax and parcelforce charges for delivering a little bit early.Three weeks of waiting seemed like a lifetime. Anyway enough of the whinging from me.
I am overwhelmed by the LT...out of the box everything works as it should, although I had a few minor mishaps. A lot to learn. I have got all my presets in from The Fractal Axe 3 and created two pages for the scenes 1-4 and 5-8. I thought perhaps I could use two buttons to increment and decrement the Scenes as opposed to having two pages of buttons.
My setup so far is.....

Presets
IA/effects + Tempo
Scenes 1-4 Page 3
Scenes 5-8 Page 4
Looper Page 5

It all works, but am I doing this right?? Would love to know how else others do this

Cheers

Johnny M

You can use buttons to do scene increment/decrement, but it takes a little more setup.

- On the Axe-Fx's MIDI/Remote settings, there are CC number settings for scene increment and decrement. Set them to 27 and 28 (these numbers don't overlap with any other CCs, that's why they're a good choice.

- Set up IA buttons that send CC27 and CC28. You should do this in the editor, because you'll need to turn off Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change, and turn on Momentary.

That should do it.

You can use buttons to do scene increment/decrement, but it takes a little more setup.

- On the Axe-Fx's MIDI/Remote settings, there are CC number settings for scene increment and decrement. Set them to 27 and 28 (these numbers don't overlap with any other CCs, that's why they're a good choice.

- Set up IA buttons that send CC27 and CC28. You should do this in the editor, because you'll need to turn off Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change, and turn on Momentary.

That should do it.

CC27 and CC28 are used by the looper, so I am using CC5 and 6 which seem ok to use. If I use momentary it increments and decrements +2 and -2. Without momentary it works as it should. Otherwise its all good :)

Cheers

Johnny M

Ok, the only problem with turning off momentary is that the button will toggle on or off each time you press it. It's only a visual problem, incrementing and decrementing will work fine. If you turn on Momentary again, setting the CC Action values to "off:None on:127" will fix the double increment problem. Press the "..." button next to the CC values to access special values like "None"

Back