How I'm using the PBC...demo vid

Very cool thanks for doing this! We're set up exactly the same until you do your IA pages (which I love, BTW). How did you set up the Loop button to do IA, Store and Loop access?

Thanks! I've spent countless hours trying to get the PBC to do everything I want and need. So far... It's batting a thousand

To answer your question... Anytime I create an IA page... I always make the top left (Loops button) my "return to presets page" button. But I also create that button to have a "hold" function which is a "save preset" when held. Works well!

Last edited:
What a great video, Jay! Think I will be diving in to the editor tonight to change some things on my board. I had never thought of creating a group for drive pedals that you want to have only 1 selected at time without stacking. Thanks!

Thanks!!!! i had no idea about the PBC can do all this!!!!!!! i just use the preset mode (with songs part), but Grouping or IA are new concepts for me....

I thought I would share how I have set up the PBC for my own personal board. Video demo linked! Enjoy!

Jay
Love the use of MIDI CC messages to turn off your Strymon and H9 pedals for visual reference. What exactly is your programming to store that per preset? Do you invert the BYPASS midi CC funciton so that On is "Not Bypassed" and Off is "Bypassed" on the IA Button? Fascinating use, thanks in advance!

Love the use of MIDI CC messages to turn off your Strymon and H9 pedals for visual reference. What exactly is your programming to store that per preset? Do you invert the BYPASS midi CC funciton so that On is "Not Bypassed" and Off is "Bypassed" on the IA Button? Fascinating use, thanks in advance!

SREAD.....

Here are the screen shots of my Midi Device Preset +/- page. This is where I can scroll up and down through the presets of my Timeline, Bigsky and H9. Then, I've attached the screen shots of the top left button. The normal button is the "return to page 1" settings... and the Hold button shows those commands to save the the changes to the PBC preset.

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 8.52.01 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 8.52.12 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 8.52.23 AM.png

ASlso... I think I misread your question... here are the settings for the Device on and off feature....

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 9.00.34 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 9.00.24 AM.png

I had to create a new youtube channel, because they don't let you change your email address. So I have uploaded my PBC demo vid to my new channel:

Haven't checked back-in to this forum for awhile ... great video. I've been attempting to get my entire board as organized as yours and this video is going to tremendously help me expedite that effort. Thanks so much for sharing this! Great organization for ease of access. Up-front planning is everything when doing this and you've invested so much time doing that, I'm sure! Now, it's time for me to take very specific notes from your hard work, thanks again!

Hey Jay,

I love your video man. Cool way of using it, I just wanted to give one pointer and my apologies if you already know this little trick, but when you're naming your presets instead of doing the format:
"Verse/Chorus/etc... (Song name)"
try this format:
"Verse/Chorus/etc... | Song Name"

The vertical line in the RJM software makes it so the song name doesn't display on your bottom line since its already on your top line and you can still have good preset organization in your software. Hopefully this helps you improve your board even more. Keep rocking.

Last edited:
Love your video and rig. It was a big help for programming.

My rig is fairly simple these days. Three wet effects and 3 drive pedals.

I tend to set up presets for a number of regularly used sounds. The number of these presets is somewhat manageable and I find it easier to page through them with descriptive names. Especially when not using a setlist.

I pretty much re-labelled the switches on the PBC.

Still a work in progress, but here are my 4 pages.

33xylvl.jpg

91ieth.jpg

r7p1rr.jpg

2lvxvl0.jpg

in7txs.jpg

Back