Hum - Ground Loop?

Derek McCarthy

Ok, I've complicated my world even further. I'm running two amps in stereo with the PBC, but on one of my loops I have a Micro Pog and I'm sending the wet out of the Pog into a Bass Amp. It ends up creating a massive sound, dual guitar amp tone and bass tone all from a single guitar! However, as soon as I'm connected to the Bass amp I'm getting an insane amount of hum out of my guitar amps. If I unplug from the Bass amp input the hum goes away considerably. I'm assuming this is a ground loop issue? Is there something i can add to the signal chain heading to the bass amp that will eliminate this hum? Any suggestions? Thanks!

I've actually got a Radial Twin City ABY pedal that I used to use before picking up the PBC.

So I just plugged the output that was going into the bass amp into the Twin City instead, used a single output to the bass amp and engaged the ground lift function on the Twin City and hum is gone now. I might as well use this for now since I already have it and it's doing the job at killing the hum, even though it's not being used as an ABY pedal at all.... just a simple pass-through to eliminate hum.

Let me know if this is a good or bad idea...

Maybe one day I'll be able to actually finalize this setup so I can get around to building a pedal board. :)

Back