HX Stomp Stereo Loop Phase Issues

J Logan

Hi,
I apologize if this is a simple answer but I cant seem to find it. I was running my PBC10 with a timeline, bigsky, flint and nuenaber expanse all in stereo in loops 7-10. When I wanted to play mono I would hit the mono/stereo switch on the pbc (output option) and only plug in to one output, this seemed to always work great for me.

Then I decided to replace the flint and expanse with a HX stomp. More options I thought. My plan was to just plug it into loop 9 on the pbc using a 4 cable method, just like I had done before. However I noticed when the loop is on, I am getting phase issues. If I pull out the right plug and set to the PBC (output) to mono everything is fine. Any other settings, such as just having the cables plugged in, its out of phase.

What am I doing wrong? Does it matter if Im choosing stereo or mono fx in the hx stomp (ive been setting them all stereo). Am I misunderstanding what the mono/stereo buttons on the PBC does? The odd thing is I was using the exact same cables and loop as the neunaber, and never had an issue. Essentially everything was always stereo and I would use the mono/stereo (output) button to sum to mono if I wasnt playing stereo. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Are you trying to run the HX in parallel? Modeling processors introduce a few milliseconds of latency which when put in parallel will result in unintentional flanging. Maybe this is what you're hearing? If it's set to parallel, try it in series.

Hmm good question, I had my flint in that loop before which I was pretty sure was in series, since it was just trem and verb but its worth double checking. I do run my bigsky and timeline in parallel.

So I tested again tonight and oddly enough the issue seems to be gone. Maybe a restart of the hx was all that was needed. Before when I pulled the right input out the issue would change, now there is no difference. I did confirm the hx loop is in series.

my wiring is stereo into loop 7
7.Timeline - parallel
8.Big sky - parallel
9.hx - series
10. Empty
Output either mono or stereo depending on situation.
If anyone spots an issue let me know but for now I’ll call this issue closed unless I replicate it again.

Attachments

• 27CB6E40-7405-448C-9946-1DE50E75B937.jpeg
    27CB6E40-7405-448C-9946-1DE50E75B937.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 5
Back