IA control of PC's within a device that's in a FX Gizmo loop

Spike

Hi Ron - I've mentioned this before, so apologies if it's been sorted and I'm simply too much of a klutz to work out what to do ...

The scenario: I have two Eventides (a ModFactor & a TimeFactor) and a Line 6 Filter Pro, all of which sit in loops in my FX Gizmo so they can be selected in or out of the signal path as needed. I'd like to be able to choose programs in each as if they were stomps - so using the ModFactor as an example: I'd like to have one IA that selects a ModFactor Leslie, another IA that selects a ModFactor Phaser, another that selects a ModFactor AutoWah, etc. To do this I get that these ModFactor IA buttons need to be grouped, and that this group needs to be allowed to switch off.

Problem: I can set IA buttons to turn on the relevant Gizmo loop and choose the relevant programs on the ModFactor. And by putting the ModFactor IA buttons in a group I can use these IA's to cycle through my ModFactor programs, and the group of ModFactor IA's can all be turned off when necessary. But ALL the ModFactor IA buttons light up whenever ANY of them are selected (presumably because the relevant Gizmo loop is on) - what I can't do is 'toggle' between the IA buttons I'm using to control the ModFactor. This means that if I choose the Leslie IA first then go to the Phaser IA, both buttons stay on (and I have to remember which was the last one I pressed); if I then go to the AutoWah, all 3 IA's stay on; and so on - clearly the more IA's I assign to each of these devices the worse the problem becomes (fyi there are 7 TimeFactor programs I'd ideally like to be able to IA toggle between, 5 Filter Pro programs, and 4 ModFactors). If I press the IA's in the group that I don't want (to turn them off), then I just turn off the entire group (so the Gizmo loop turns off). I could of course use Preset buttons instead of IA's, but the problem with that (unless I'm being daft) is that by definition a Preset will change EVERY setting on ALL devices (so I can't just add in a Leslie leaving everything else - ie. all my other Gizmo loops, etc - unchanged).

Sorry if there's an easy-fix to this and I'm being dim. But this functionality would make a world of difference ...

Thanks.

Re: IA control of PC's within a device that's in a FX Gizmo

You're close - put the PC that selects the desired program first, and the CC that turns on the loop second. The GT uses the first action in the list to determine whether or not two buttons are equal. By putting the action that changes from button to button first, the GT will prevent them all from turning on simultaneously.

I did a short tip video on this exact idea a while back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1mxXRPb ... e=youtu.be

Re: IA control of PC's within a device that's in a FX Gizmo

Ron - absolutely fantastic, thanks ...!

Back