IA Cycle...Can This Be Done?

shoelesscraig

Ron,
I tried to message this so I wouldn't bore anyone else...but it won't let me attach files to a private message. Wondering if the below can be done...I think not...but it would be super sweet.

For groundwork...My gain pedals are in loops 2-4, and function switch #1 adds another level of gain to loop #2. Even though there are a lot of possible combos, I only use 4 of them. They are:
  1. L2 On, L3 Off, L4 Off, FN 1 Off
  2. L2 Off, L3 On, L4 Off, FN 1 Off
  3. L2 Off, L3 Off, L4 On, FN 1 Off
  4. L2 On, L3 Off, L4 On, FN 1 Off
What I would like to see if I can do is setup a single button that would cycle through these 4 stages. I know how to do an IA cycle button that will do it. The catch I would like to add is...is there a way for the PBC to "pickup" where I already am and progress through the 4 stages from there? For example. If I'm on my "clean" setting and ALL of the above loops and FN #1 are off, the cycle SHOULD start from step 1 above...which it does, and that works fine. But if I am on a preset where I'm already at "Stage 1" (which is #1 from above), is there a way to have it know that and the first time I press that button it will go to Stage #2?

I've tried but can't figure it out. I've attached my file. The button is on Page #2 (Loops) and is the button to the right of the LCD display.

Another side issue...I would like for the buttons to start Off, and then go green, purple, yellow, red for the 4 steps above, but no matter what I do, they act screwy. Load my file in a PBC and you should see what I'm saying.

Attachments

• RJM Mastermind PCB 20180115.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Currently, there's no way for anything to affect a cycle button - the button can affect your loops, but the loops can't affect the button.

I'll check out the cycle behavior when I have a chance.

Back