INPUT 1 AND 2 IN PRESET OF PBC6

ZappaFrank

In the Preset Audio Settings of the PBC6 it is possible to switch both inputs off. Why isn't it also possible to switch bot inputs on?
A workaround would be to copy all presets with input 1 and change them to input 2, but it would be easier to just have the option to switch both inputs on. I am aware of the fact that I don't get stereo input. I would use the input 1 as my standard input and input 2 as input for my ditto looper which sits outside of the loops of the PBC6. And while you can send a CC to switch outputs on and off, you also can not do that for inputs which adds to the lack of flexibility with regard to input switching. I guess a workaround would be to define for each input 1 preset an alternative input 2 preset and you can for example activate the alternative preset with input 2 on double pressing the button of the preset 1, but again I just wonder why you can not directly define in each preset that it should use input 1 and input 2.

Last edited:
There's no mixer inside to mix down the two inputs, so only one input can be active at a time.

I just wanted to explain why I am asking all those questions. I began with the PBC10 then added the PBC6 which was too much for me and now I am using a Switchblade Switcher for my Stereo Pedals and the PBC6 for strictly Mono Pedals.
The PBC10 is on sale:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/395145834248
There is always a struggle between the wish to have flexibility, but on the other hand you can get overwhelmed with too many options. So for me personally this is working, because using the Switchblade Editor is more intuitive in comparison to the PBC6 (and PBC10) Editor. The Switchblade Editor gives you all the power of a matrix switcher with a very easy to understand user interface, but the future of the company who produces the Switchlades is uncertain and if one day RJM will introduce a Rack Matrix Switcher with a Display and a Patchbay Style Editor I will be the first client who will buy such a thing ;-)

Back