Input Impedance Question

Hi,
as I understand it, the input impedance of the RJM PBC 10 is 500k - is this when using the Buffer, or also when Buffers are off?
I`d like to use my LA Sound Design Buffer in the insert spot between loop 4 and loop 5. I‘d use loop 1-4 for Fuzzes and octaver and vibe... but when these first four loops are bypassed.... what impedance does my guitar see? I have turned buffer 1 off of the PBC. Does my guitar run straight/unaltered to my LA Sounddesign buffer, or does it get loaded down before that by the 500k impedance of the PBC Input?
Thanks,
Mads

If the buffer is turned off, the PBC has more or less infinite impedance. In your case, the guitar will see the impedance of the LA Sound Design buffer.

thanks, so if loops 1-4 are off, and the buffer 1 is also off, its like connecting the guitar gable straight to the LA sounddesign buffer? I somehow think it feels/sounds different plugging straight into the LA buffer, then into the input on the pbc. but maybe its my mind playing tricks on me :D

Thanks :) One last question... in the menu I habe settings for the audio input1: buf or unbuf... how does that differ from switching the buffer 1 on/off manually? couldn't really find anything about this in the manual...

Where did you find this option? There shouldn't be a buffered/unbuffered setting for any input.

Back