Ipad app for the editor over wifi?

ekkomouse

I really like that there is an app for PBC and appreciate the deep editing. However, I really like the form factor of editing on the ipad for the H9 and some other gear I use. Maybe the pbc can utilize its usb port for a usb/wifi or usb/bluetooth dongle to translate the signals?

I've been wanting to do an iPad editor for a long time, the trick is finding the time to do it...

Some forum members seem to be somewhat programmy, I believe one created an app that mirrored the PBC's functions. Would enlisting their help facilitate things

In thinking about it, what I actually need is a UI designer. The platform I use makes it easy to put the editor on an iPad - I actually have it up and running already, about 75% working. But, it's pretty much an exact copy of what's on the desktop app, and a lot of it doesn't make sense when you have a touchscreen and no mouse or keyboard. It really needs to be redesigned to make sense on a tablet.

So, yeah, I'm still thinking about it, but have some significant obstacles to overcome.

In thinking about it, what I actually need is a UI designer. The platform I use makes it easy to put the editor on an iPad - I actually have it up and running already, about 75% working. But, it's pretty much an exact copy of what's on the desktop app, and a lot of it doesn't make sense when you have a touchscreen and no mouse or keyboard. It really needs to be redesigned to make sense on a tablet.

So, yeah, I'm still thinking about it, but have some significant obstacles to overcome.
Significant I bet! I use an ipad mini2, and things have to be VERY well thought out to make it useable on such small device. Having knobs that move slower when you drag your finger away from the knob itself is imperative. I would suspect that a great editor would really put this thing even further in a class its own. The real question is... where's the programming genius that likes to work for mere peanuts? Such a daunting task, I'd fear the amount of effort it would take. Then there's the entire fiasco of keeping it stable as EVERY DARN OS changes its programming regularly.

Let me know if I you still need some UI work done for this.

Back