Kemper - lotsa problems = SOLVED

I've been using the GT/10 with the Axe-FX III for a while with no issues, worked great.
Got a Kemper a few days ago and tried to hook the GT/10 up to it and am having tons of problems.
Before diving into the below, is there some kind of known issue with latest Kemper FW I'm not aware of? I'm on the lastest non-beta OS 5.7.8

* At first the Performance name wouldn't show up on the main display, it was blank. Although the footswitches that I programmed would behave accordingly. I did a factory reset and that seemed to change that, however now the Rig name is displayed in the main display, and I'd like the Performance name. Is that possible?

* In the software editor, I will right click on a button and change it from the default, to say Slot 1, and it will ask me "Do you want to change this to Instant Access" to which I reply yes. Then instead of assigning it to what I told it to, it's just 'off.' Ok, so I do it again. Right click, it asks me the same question, and I say yes. Then for some reason this time it sticks. That button is now assigned to Slot 1. I go through and do that for all the buttons, then write changes to the device, and bam. Nothing on the GT changes, and the screen on my editor goes back to all the default stuff before I spent all that time changing it. And now the GT disconnects from the kemper and PC.

???

I'm hoping there's some trick you have to do when setting this up to a Kemper that you didn't do with an Axe that I'm missing. Thoughts?

setup : Midi In/Out on Kemper going to RJM Phantom box with the 1 7-pin cable going to the mastermind. Just like the Fractal.

I recommend not using Slot buttons, just use preset buttons and turn on Auto Names in the Devices tab. The preset buttons will automatically populate with the current slot names, and the performance name should appear at the top. Auto Names is a feature that's Kemper only, and replaces the Get Preset Names thing that's used on the Axe-Fx.

Appreciate the quick response, however, what I want is the GT/10 to mimic the Kemper remote. I load a performance, then 5 of the buttons on the bottom row are my 5 rigs in my performance I can switch between. That way I can custom label them and custom color them what I want for each performance. i.e. the rig I call "Solo" I want white in every song, whether it's the first rig or the 5th.

Is there any kind of quick guide to setting up a GT with the Kemper? I followed the video from years ago that showed just assigning default buttons and pedals, I did all that. And still have just weird behavior all over the place and I can't figure out what's wrong.

Attached is a video example (dropbox link) of me trying edit local pages and change a button from what RJM calls a preset (Kemper calls a Rig). After I hit write changes to device, it just reverts back like nothing ever happened.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ryi64rm86j7lcus/20190527_211425.mp4?dl=0

The fractal worked brilliantly for me in this fashion. What am I doing wrong?

I think there's a bug relating to global buttons. It shouldn't be possible to change those preset buttons, because by default they're set to be global, which means that they appear on every page and can't be overridden. Try going to the Buttons page, editing each preset button and turning off the Global checkbox on each. Then, go back to Presets and try editing the buttons again.

Back