Kemper question

middle_pickup

I have a preset on my Mastermind PBC called "wash" I want this preset to turn on the Kemper's stompbox A. I see the Kemper's midi manual lists CC 17 as the message controlling this effect. What I need to know is how can I get the Mastermind to make sure the Kemper's stompbox A is only on for the "wash" preset. Any tips?

The first question is - do you have - or do you want to have - a button anywhere on the PBC that manually controls Stomp A? You aren't required to have one, but the "how to" instructions will be quite a bit different based on your answer.

The first question is - do you have - or do you want to have - a button anywhere on the PBC that manually controls Stomp A? You aren't required to have one, but the "how to" instructions will be quite a bit different based on your answer.
I do not currently have one. I guess if I did create one and hide it somewhere out of sight, the PBC presets that need it could trigger that IA button on and off. Good idea? I just want to make sure that when the wash preset triggers the Kemper's stomp A effect that it won't stay on even after I leave the wash preset on the PBC.

Generally I recommend doing exactly what you describe. The button will automatically send its message every time you switch presets, and by default it's turned off in every preset, so it'll turn the block on for that one preset, and will turn it off in every other preset.

Generally I recommend doing exactly what you describe. The button will automatically send its message every time you switch presets, and by default it's turned off in every preset, so it'll turn the block on for that one preset, and will turn it off in every other preset.
Right on! Thanks so much for the help!

Back