Kernom Ridge Set Up

Matthew Terrado

I’m trying to figure out the best way to set up the Kernom ridge overdrive with my pbc10. I’m wanting to use 4 presets out of the ridge and be able to switch between them and bypass the pedal while in the loops page as you would traditionally with 4 separate overdrive pedals. Currently, I have the ridge in loop 2 and have programmed buttons 2, 3, and 5 to recall the specified presets in the ridge via midi as well as turn loop 2 on/off. The problem I’m having is when I want to recall a different preset on the ridge while one preset is already selected, the previous button on the pbc is still lit up and when I go to turn it off, it turns off the loop (which I’ve programmed the button to do). For example, I have button 3 selected and press button 5 to recall a different preset on the ridge. Button 3’s light stays on and when I go to turn it off it turns loop 2 off. I’m wondering if there’s a way to turn the button light off when I press another button to switch a preset on the ridge while in the loops page?

I’m also trying to use button 2 to switch between 2 presets on the ridge using a hold function. I’ve gotten it to work but there are a few hiccups that occur. Currently, I have button 2 recall preset 1 on the ridge, turn on/off loop 2 and turn it purple. When you hold button 2 down it recalls preset 2 on the ridge, turns blue and goes back to preset 1 when you hold it down again. A few problems I'm having is when you hold button 2 down from the off position it recalls the correct preset, turns blue and turns the correct loop on but when you press button 2 (not hold) it recalls preset 1 and stays on blue. When you press button 2 again to turn off the loop, the blue light stays on until you hold the button down again. Basically, what I'm wanting to happen is to have button 2 turn on/off loop 2, recall preset 1 on the ridge, turn purple and use a hold function to recall preset 2 on the ridge, turn blue and then have the ability to turn loop 2 on/off or go back to preset 1 on the ridge and turn purple using the hold function again. Is that possible? Hope all that makes sense. I'll attach my rjs file.

Attachments

• 2:26:23 V5.0.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
You'll need button groups to get the buttons to work together. This explains them:
Groups
Thank you! Got the groups figured out but I'm still having trouble with hold function. How do I switch back and forth between presets 1 and 2 on the ridge by holding down button 2 on the mastermind? Right now when I hold down button 2 it recalls preset 2 fine but when I hold it down again, it turns the loop off instead of going back to preset 1 on the ridge.

You must have an Audio / Loop action on the hold function. You'll either need to remove it or convert it to that it's always enabling the loop. Using values like this: off:ON on:ON

Back