Killdry, series vs parallel, mono & stereo pedals in loops 7-10

Briman

I recently added a MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe to my lineup and it's not playing nice with the PBC. I've been using a Timeline (killdry selected) in loop 7 parallel, and a H9 (killdry selected) in loop 9 parallel, with the audio dry signal off. Works perfect.
When I put the MXR CC Delay in loop 8 and turn it on there's a big volume jump. If I turn the dry signal on it works great until I turn loop 7 off, then there is complete silence. I've experimented with several different settings but I can't find the happy place where all 3 pedals work correctly at the same time. I am using the cables recommended for mono pedals.

Anything obvious I'm missing?

Last edited:
Do you have the dry signal on the Carbon Copy on or off? I see from the CC Deluxe manual there’s an internal switch to kill the dry signal. What you describe with a volume jump with the CC Deluxe on in loop 8 (with loop 8 in parallel) sounds to me like you need the dry killed in the CC deluxe.

Do you have the PBC dry signal on or off? It wasn’t clear to me from your post.

Hope you can get this sorted out...

Do you have the dry signal on the Carbon Copy on or off? I see from the CC Deluxe manual there’s an internal switch to kill the dry signal. What you describe with a volume jump with the CC Deluxe on in loop 8 (with loop 8 in parallel) sounds to me like you need the dry killed in the CC deluxe.

Do you have the PBC dry signal on or off? It wasn’t clear to me from your post.

Hope you can get this sorted out...
I've tried it with CC Deluxe killdry on and off, no difference. I had been running the PBC dry signal on, but when I added the CC Deluxe I ended up with the volume jump issue (only when the CC Deluxe loop was on). The only way I can get the CC Deluxe to work without a volume jump is to run the PBC dry signal off, but that's when all the other issues come up (no signal when loops 7-9 are switched off, no dry signal coming through when loops 7 or 9 are switched on and very faint delay or reverb signal passing to my amp).

With a little more troubleshooting I suspected it was an issue with the pedal, and it was. The internal dry switch is so small I couldn't see it without a magnifying glass. When I thought I was toggling the dry switch I was actually toggling the input gain switch.

Thanks for your replies guys!

Glad you figured it out :)

Tiny internal dip switches are an utter pita. And I don’t mean the flat bread people eat with hummus.

Back