Long Press to edit a Preset or IA & Grouping

tired_engineer

Got my GT tonight. :shock:

So far everything is working as hoped except for the 250K VP Jrs I was using with my old controller aren't behaving properly as far as sweep is concerned. Working on that one. Edit: Solved that one. Polarity is reversed from my last controller. All good now.

A possible suggestion for a future update:

Rather than long pressing the two little buttons up top to enter set-up mode, would it be possible to have a long press of any given preset or IA button allow you to go directly to the setup of that function. This would save a couple steps to get to the editing function for presets and IAs and, especially for presets, facilitate much faster editing of the PCs going to each device etc. Saves you from bending down and also saves wear and tear on those little pushbuttons which I can already see people are going to be using their feet to access. There are plenty of extra spots open to implement the "Done" command on a footswitch in these cases.

Now back to programming....

Oh another one. When buttons are grouped, it would be nice to still have the option of turning the active one off, independent of the others. I tried to group my three delay pedals ( :oops: ) but that results in one always having to be on. I'd like to be able to turn my long delay off when I hit the slap echo but would want to turn all delay off at times. I know the grouping is focused on channel switching but it could also be useful for effect grouping if the above could be implemented.

The 1.1 release will have a couple of settings you can configure for each group, and one of them will allow all buttons in a group to be off.

The hold to edit feature is a good idea. I could see that being very useful when tweaking a new rig. I need to work on a general purpose "hold to activate 2nd function" feature, and I'll try to incorporate a setting that activates the edit mode.

That sounds great on the grouping.

As for the quicker access to editing, it's mostly for the presets and, yes, for new rigs or for quickly sketching out new presets on the fly (relatively). In the short term, I'll probably take advantage of the multiple pages and create IA buttons to access my most frequently used programs in each MIDI device since adding IA states to existing presets can be done quickly with feet, reducing the need to access the setup menu as frequently.

Hello,

My first post here.

Have just recieved my GT :twisted: .

It's a great idea, but I'm not sure about the "hold" feature to edit, as I use an IA buttons currently with an Axess FX1 to enable the "brake" feature on a Modfactor, "Flex" feature on a Pitchfactor, "Hotswitch" on a Space, and "Repeat" Button on a Timefactor. These are all momentary buttons set up for "hold" operation in real time. So assigning any button as a "hold to edit switch" wouldn't work for me.

I'd prefer one button could be assigned for "foot" editing, with a say a few seconds "hold down" time so that editing it hard to access by accident. Had an All Access a while back, and the one touch edit button made it easy to have the presest screwed up by some drunken bum (usually me).

Cheers

Chris.

BTW,

A setting to allow all of the IA's in a group to be off is great idea. Saves having to have an IA button to bypass my M5, independent of the presets in a group (soon to be a Mobius :D ).

Chris.....

The ability to have all in a group off is in the latest firmware and works well. I tend to agree about the long press to edit only being one button (say the IA mode button).

If the long press for a secondary function comes into play though, perhaps it'll just be one option among many (including nothing to allow your hold buttons to still work as you have them).

rjmmusic said:
<snip>I need to work on a general purpose "hold to activate 2nd function" feature, and I'll try to incorporate a setting that activates the edit mode.

I hope the "hold to activate 2nd function" feature will be used to permit rapid scrolling through banks in an Axe II setup by repeating the command. The MFC-101 allowed me to rip through the banks by holding down the bank up / bank down button. Doing it one bank / button-click at a time is aging me.

Back