Loop 5-6 configuration

Chuck Hanning

I'm using my new PBC with a MesaBoogie V-twin that has a highly liquid midi controller in it as a preamp. I plan on feeding it from the output from loop 6. It then outputs a stereo dry signal into loop 7. In loops 7, 8, and 9 I will have a Strymon Timeline, Big Sky and Eventide H9

I was trying to understand for my configuration what would be the advantages of loop 5 and 6 and outputs from that, or are they basically the same as loops 1-4 (In loops 1-4 I have an origin effects Cali76, Brownstone overdrive, Rat distortion, and MXR distortion+)

Is there something I'm missing here or not using to the best of the PBC?

Thanks,
Chuck

That's how I would do it. Just use and insert cable from the amp's stereo outs to the Loop 7-10 input and set the stereo/mono button to the proper setting for stereo input.

So I have been trying to get the midi map the V twin to map to the pbc. The rack mount version that Joe at stage crew added a liquid midi board to as well as a custom switch to change channels. Please see http://www.stagecue.com/vtwin.html
It had been working when I used my TC Electronic G-system But there are additional choices in the set up menu that didn't exist in the G system. For the G-system it was midi channel and then just select pc. There is max of 15 pc starting at 1, For the PBC I need to select bank type (none, lsb, msb, and lsb:msb). How should I set this? Also I set Intit pc to -none- so did I screw everything up? and how do I reset it?

Also I'm still using ver 2.1.4 of the software and need to update it.

So I went down last night, and started over. Now everything is working! Not sure what I did differently but don't look a gift horse in the mouth! The MB v-twin is working fine now.

I do have two other problems though:
  1. How do I send a bypass message to the timeline? I thought it was pc 102 but that doesn't seem to be working.
  2. I was goofing around with trying to make the mute button a tap tempo as well. It didn't work, and now when I'm on the loops page I can't turn loop 8 on or off. I had done all of this using the editor software but right now I don't have a working computer. Is there a way to reset the mute button to it's normal function without the software or do I need it?

So I went down last night, and started over. Now everything is working! Not sure what I did differently but don't look a gift horse in the mouth! The MB v-twin is working fine now.

I do have two other problems though:
  1. How do I send a bypass message to the timeline? I thought it was pc 102 but that doesn't seem to be working.
  2. I was goofing around with trying to make the mute button a tap tempo as well. It didn't work, and now when I'm on the loops page I can't turn loop 8 on or off. I had done all of this using the editor software but right now I don't have a working computer. Is there a way to reset the mute button to it's normal function without the software or do I need it?

The Timeline's bypass is CC 102, not PC 102.

You'll need the editor software to make any changes to buttons. You probably made the Mute button global, which causes that button to appear on every button page, overriding things like the Loop 8 button. The only other way to get it back to the way it was is a factory reset.

Back