Loops 7-10 questions

shuffle

Hey guys,

I just got my PBC and I have quite a few questions about loops 7>10 still, despite reading most of what I can find online about them. Inc the manual ;)

I play in stereo, almost always. I plan to use three stereo effects and one mono effect in these loops:
- Mono analog delay w kill dry in parallel with trails (ring disconnect cable and mono stereo converter cable)
- Stereo chorus (no kill dry) in series (ring disconnect for mono IN and insert cable stereo OUT)
- Stereo delay (kill dry) in parallel with trails using two insert cables
- Stereo reverb (Kill dry) in parallel with trails using two insert cables

First of all are the cables for each pedal situation above correct?

1) Logically I would think that I have to have the mono pedal before the stereo ones, but because I am using parallel (new to this) the loops are no longer related in that way. Should I put the mono analog delay AFTER the stereo chorus (because the chorus loop is in series)?

1b) I saw in the manual the diagram for mixed series and parallel setups on pg 14 however because I am using mixed mono and stereo pedals in these loops I was unsure if it was still going to work as described. Will I run into issues if certain combinations pf pedals were on at the same time?

2) Do I have to set the switches on the back as OUT and OUT regardless of the pedal order (even if loop 7 is mono)?

3) If I use the mono pedal in loop 7, can I just use mono cables or do I still have to use the ring disconnect cable because of the switches being in the OUT position?

4) Does having the series loop for the chorus pedal affect the trails of the other three loops in any way?

Many thanks,

Yes, you have the correct cables for each one.

The way you've arranged your pedals, the mono delay will not receive any of the chorus signal, but the two stereo effects will. Otherwise, there shouldn't be any problem.

Yes, both switches should be in the out position - you have a stereo setup, even if some pedals are mono.

You need the ring disconnect cable for loop 7, otherwise it's going to interfere with the other pedals when in parallel (because the inputs of all pedals are tied together when in parallel).

No, having a series effect does not affect trails.

Back