MAG controlled by an Eventide H9

kitemonkey

Hey there, this SEEMS like this should work just fine but, I'm having a hard time making happen.

I'm building a super small rig, which consists of an Eventide H9 and the MAG, to control a Mark V (this MAG works with regards to the Mark V already)

What I am LOOKING to do is switch the MAG when I change patches on the H9. Cabling is correct, the H9 midi output goes to the MAG midi in, the H9 is set to transmit but, I seem to be missing something here. Any tips, approaches, etc? Many thanks!

I did figure this out, so as a reference for anyone else trying this, make sure the H9 has PGM.XMT set to ON. This isn't controllable through the H9 Control app, you have to do this manually but it's covered in the manual :)

I did figure this out, so as a reference for anyone else trying this, make sure the H9 has PGM.XMT set to ON. This isn't controllable through the H9 Control app, you have to do this manually but it's covered in the manual :)
Kitemonkey, you could also had solved it by changing the option from transmitting to through in your H9 midi output option. Cheers!

Kitemonkey, you could also had solved it by changing the option from transmitting to through in your H9 midi output option. Cheers!

I don't think that would work - MIDI thru will only work if you have another device sending commands to the H9, then it will pass those commands on to the Amp Gizmo. He's using the H9 itself as a MIDI controller, which requires the MIDI output port to transmit PCs generated by the H9.

Good point actually, I know I had "thru" on beforehand as the h9 was talking to the other one and MAG just fine. Now doing this all through a Mastermind LT anyways. A much better approach!

I don't think that would work - MIDI thru will only work if you have another device sending commands to the H9, then it will pass those commands on to the Amp Gizmo. He's using the H9 itself as a MIDI controller, which requires the MIDI output port to transmit PCs generated by the H9.

Yeah! You are right, i forgot that part.

Cheers!

Back