MAG not passing midi when amp cable unplugged

ctc

I have a rack mounted MAG connected to the power supply and is in a midi chain before an eventide timefactor. The interconnecting cable between the TF and MAG are secured inside the rack enclosure. When I open up the back of the rack, an input midi cable to the MAG and the MKV cable are easily accessible. All works as planned. So far so good. A problem occurs when I go to play an open mic session, and the back line amp is not compatible the MKV MAG cord. I'm okay with leaving this unplugged and changing the amp channels with its own foot switch, But when the MAG is unplugged from the amp, the midi signal (which passes through the MAG) no longer controls the TF. Any ideas why this is happening, and how I can remedy it?

I've never heard of that problem happening before, and that's a very odd symptom. The amp cable is electrically isolated from everything in the Mini Amp Gizmo, so it shouldn't matter whether it's plugged in or not. I'd play with the cable coming out of the MIDI Thru port - maybe it's starting to go bad, or the connector is loose?

Thank you for confirming that this shouldn't occur. In reexamining all of the midi signals being sent I realized that there is a command to control my amps effects loop. So with a backline amp, where the MAG cable is not used, the TF would appear to be not working properly. Bottom line is in addition to using a back line amps foot switch to change channels I will have to use it to also change the status of it's effects loop. If the amp has no such control over it's loop, I'll have to send a bypass midi signal to the TF when I don't want any effect.

Back