mastermind gt 22

tomrip

hello all. my mastermind gt 22 just came in today. i am a total noob, so i have a few questions. is there a video anywhere showing how to send midi to like strymon mobius, timeline and big sky? i have those three midi pedals, and i also have a tc electronics nova drive. It seems liek i saw a video by ron, but for the life of me i cant find it. Also in devices my strymon pedals are listed, but not my nova drive, will it not work?

The Nova Drive is pretty simple, just set it up as a Generic device and use the Program Change section on the Preset page to select which preset on the Nova Drive you'd like to be enabled for each GT preset.

Hey ron i have two more problem's since i did the upgrade
problem one in my rack i have a rg 16 and effect gizmo i can program the rg 16 and make presets on the unit and they response to the
preset changes on the mastermind gt but for some reason the effect gizmo does not do that it changes but i can not make setting on it so that i can call them up when i make a preset change with the mastermind
what should i do i think it comes from the effect gizmo because in the program they both have the same settings
effect gizmo settings are loop 1234 and 7 are on gizmo is on midi 16
Problem Two has to do with the mastermind i have made 3 pages in the editor with rack gear, pedals and amp settings
and i can see that they are on the screen in the editor but only page 1 and 2 show up at the mastermind gt when i press the page ia store button to flick true it as you can see in my settings i have it setup for 3 pages what should i change here

Attachments

• remcorack.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
The first thing to look at is multiple buttons that control the same function. You might, for example, have two buttons that control Loop 4. Those buttons might be on different pages. If, in a preset, you have one button on and the other off, then you might get unexpected results from Loop 4 - it might be on, it might be off.

One thing that helps avoid this is the IA Link setting. Turn this on for your buttons that control switcher loops - if you have two buttons that control the same function, turning one button on will also turn the other button on. This helps prevent the buttons from getting set to opposite states. This feature has its limits - it only compares the first action of each button to determine if they're the "same", so if you have complex buttons that do a lot of things it might not work for you. In that case, you'll have to check manually and make sure that all buttons are set correctly for the preset.

As for problem #2 - edit the Page / IA Store button. You'll see that it has Min and Max settings, which are set to 1 and 2. Set them both to 0 to remove the limits from the button. This is a new feature of the 3.0 firmware.

Back