MASTERMIND GT FIRMWARE 3.3.1

Here's an update that hopefully gets the main/hold function thing right.

Austin: I can't duplicate the 0.0 tempo issue - can you send me your settings?

Attachments

• MMGT331.rjf
    667.8 KB · Views: 8
Here's an update that hopefully gets the main/hold function thing right.

Austin: I can't duplicate the 0.0 tempo issue - can you send me your settings?

That looks like it fixed it.

As far as the tempo thing goes. It shows tempo on the top line and 0.0 on the bottom line. It does this even if just the GT is turned on (the Axe FX XL+ is off). If I enter the setup menu on the unit and then exit out of it (even without changing any settings), then the 0.0 disappears.

I uploaded my configuration, thanks.
-
Austin

Attachments

• AQ Axe FX Config with Double Preset Buttons-Final.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Hi Yek... Is this new Firmware 3.3.1 safe for Gigging ?

Ron has fixed the issues we reported (use the firmware he attached above). One non-essential issue remaining, regarding the display of tempo. I haven't had time to test the latest one thoroughly though. I will coming week, at rehearsal.

IMHO: if your GT is functioning correctly now, keep it that way and wait with updating until you have time to test it. The new features are great but not critical.

Ron has fixed the issues we reported (use the firmware he attached above). One non-essential issue remaining, regarding the display of tempo. I haven't had time to test the latest one thoroughly though. I will coming week, at rehearsal.

IMHO: if your GT is functioning correctly now, keep it that way and wait with updating until you have time to test it. The new features are great but not critical.
Thanks Yek...

Hey Ron
I have not don a update for a long time and last week i have made the update to 3.0
i have made a backup of all my presets but when i want to open them with the mac editor i get a messages saying that the files are from a older version and if i want to update them i say Yes but it is only the first 8 presets that show up the rest does not show up and to to a bank up does not work any idea what is going on pleas have a look at the file that i send you Thanks Remco

Attachments

• mmgt.rjs
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Hey Ron
I have not don a update for a long time and last week i have made the update to 3.0
i have made a backup of all my presets but when i want to open them with the mac editor i get a messages saying that the files are from a older version and if i want to update them i say Yes but it is only the first 8 presets that show up the rest does not show up and to to a bank up does not work any idea what is going on pleas have a look at the file that i send you Thanks Remco

Edit your Bank Up and Bank Down buttons, set Min and Max to 0. In newer releases, you can limit which banks your buttons access. After converting to the latest version, they're supposed to come up with both min and max set to 0, which means that there are no limits to the bank buttons. However, it doesn't seem to do that for everyone, in which case they have to be manually edited once.

Ok, fixed the 0.0 tempo issue. The 3.3.1 release is now posted at the top of the thread.

FYI, the "Show Tempo" setting only effects the main display. Tempo will display on a tempo button regardless of the "Show Tempo" setting, but as of today's release, "0.0" tempos will no longer display at all.

Ok, fixed the 0.0 tempo issue. The 3.3.1 release is now posted at the top of the thread.

FYI, the "Show Tempo" setting only effects the main display. Tempo will display on a tempo button regardless of the "Show Tempo" setting, but as of today's release, "0.0" tempos will no longer display at all.

Perfection! And thank you for the info on the "Show Tempo" setting.
-
Austin

Ron,

Show Tempo doesn't work on my GT. I have a TAP TEMPO button programmed on Page 2, with the hold function assigned to IA Store.

The button works and changes the tempo, but there's no tempo indication in the main top window.

Config attached.

Attachments

• test.rjs
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
"Fixes the case where a button's normal function is disabled, and the hold function is enabled. You can now access the hold function."

I still have an issue with this:

I have a global button programmed with the "DRIVE 2" CC on Normal, and the "AMP 1 X/Y" CC on Hold.

When I load an Axe-Fx II preset with an AMP 1 block, but without a DRIVE 2 block, the entire button is dimmed.

The Hold function however is functional. I can switch AMP 1 between X and Y by holding the button.

So it's a display issue.

See config file in post above.

"Fixes the case where a button's normal function is disabled, and the hold function is enabled. You can now access the hold function."

I have a global button programmed with the "DRIVE 2" CC on Normal, and the "AMP 1 X/Y" CC on Hold.

When I load an Axe-Fx II preset with an AMP 1 block, but without a DRIVE 2 block, the entire button is dimmed.

The Hold function however is functional. I can switch AMP 1 between X and Y by holding the button.

So it's a display issue.

This seems like the behavior I mentioned before, but I didn't see it as a bug exactly? It seems like it might be a tough nut to crack. What would you want the button to display? For example, I have a button with tremolo on normal and reverb on hold. If I load a preset without tremolo, then the button light will be off, but I will still be able to turn reverb on and off, as in your example. But if I loaded a preset and the button was lit in the off color, how would I know if that meant tremolo was present but off, or reverb was present but off, or that both were present but off? It seems like you might need the ability to set a color for each possible state to be maximally useful.
-
Austin

Ron,

Show Tempo doesn't work on my GT. I have a TAP TEMPO button programmed on Page 2, with the hold function assigned to IA Store.

The button works and changes the tempo, but there's no tempo indication in the main top window.

Config attached.

Ok, the problem happens because of the way the GT works with the Axe-Fx's tap tempo. Most of the tempo processing that normally happens when you don't have an Axe-Fx doesn't happen in this case - it just flashes the tempo button when the Axe-Fx tells it to and that's the extent of it. There's probably a way to get the two playing nice together, but I'll have to think about it. This also didn't work in 3.2, right?

This seems like the behavior I mentioned before, but I didn't see it as a bug exactly? It seems like it might be a tough nut to crack. What would you want the button to display? For example, I have a button with tremolo on normal and reverb on hold. If I load a preset without tremolo, then the button light will be off, but I will still be able to turn reverb on and off, as in your example. But if I loaded a preset and the button was lit in the off color, how would I know if that meant tremolo was present but off, or reverb was present but off, or that both were present but off? It seems like you might need the ability to set a color for each possible state to be maximally useful.
-
Austin

I want it to display the OFF color (Normal off). And it does so with other buttons. But not with this particular one and I can't detect why.

Ok, the problem happens because of the way the GT works with the Axe-Fx's tap tempo. Most of the tempo processing that normally happens when you don't have an Axe-Fx doesn't happen in this case - it just flashes the tempo button when the Axe-Fx tells it to and that's the extent of it. There's probably a way to get the two playing nice together, but I'll have to think about it. This also didn't work in 3.2, right?

That's correct. BTW, just reporting it, I don't see it as a problem, and personally don't need a fix. :)

So it's a display issue.

Austin's right - the behavior is as intended, and it's a little tricky.

The Drive 2 button is blacked out because Drive 2 is not present. However, Amp 1 X/Y is available and set to X. What color should be displayed? The current logic says: if the hold function is off, then the main function's color is used. In your case, the main function's color is black because the function it controls is disabled (not present in the current preset).

The colors you can specify for a hold function are: "hold function on" and "both functions on". Currently, there isn't a color selector for the case where the main function is disabled and the hold function is off. It seems like this would be what's required. I'll look into it, hopefully there's a better solution, because I'd prefer not to add another color setting or two.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Austin's right - the behavior is as intended, and it's a little tricky.

The Drive 2 button is blacked out because Drive 2 is not present. However, Amp 1 X/Y is available and set to X. What color should be displayed? The current logic says: if the hold function is off, then the main function's color is used. In your case, the main function's color is black because the function it controls is disabled (not present in the current preset).

The colors you can specify for a hold function are: "hold function on" and "both functions on". Currently, there isn't a color selector for the case where the main function is disabled and the hold function is off. It seems like this would be what's required. I'll look into it, hopefully there's a better solution, because I'd prefer not to add another color setting or two.

Any suggestions are welcome!

How about a text modification, say adding brackets around the text if the block is not present in the preset? Automatically use the primary button off color for both blocks and change the logic so the off color is used if either block is present.

So say, you have Drive as primary function and Chorus as hold function. Your off color is blue, your on color is aqua and your on hold color is also aqua. So you would get...
No Drive block + No Chorus block = button screen is not lit, text for both is bracketed
Drive block off + No Chorus block = blue screen, chorus text is bracketed
No Drive block + Chorus off = blue screen, drive text is bracketed
No Drive block + Chrous on = aqua screen, chorus text is highlighted, drive text is bracketed
Drive Block off + Chorus Block off = blue screen, normal text for both
Drive Block on + Chorus Block off = aqua screen, drive highligted
Drive Block on + Chorus Block on = aqua screen, text for both is highlighted

It wouldn't have to be brackets, it could be something else like an asterisk. But by doing this, you could still have a backlit display showing you what the functions of the button were as long as one of the functions could be used. And you would also have an indication of which blocks were present in the preset. And it seems like it would be much less confusing than using colors.
-
Austin

How about a text modification, say adding brackets around the text if the block is not present in the preset? Automatically use the primary button off color for both blocks and change the logic so the off color is used if either block is present.

So say, you have Drive as primary function and Chorus as hold function. Your off color is blue, your on color is aqua and your on hold color is also aqua. So you would get...
No Drive block + No Chorus block = button screen is not lit, text for both is bracketed
Drive block off + No Chorus block = blue screen, chorus text is bracketed
No Drive block + Chorus off = blue screen, drive text is bracketed
No Drive block + Chrous on = aqua screen, chorus text is highlighted, drive text is bracketed
Drive Block off + Chorus Block off = blue screen, normal text for both
Drive Block on + Chorus Block off = aqua screen, drive highligted
Drive Block on + Chorus Block on = aqua screen, text for both is highlighted

It wouldn't have to be brackets, it could be something else like an asterisk. But by doing this, you could still have a backlit display showing you what the functions of the button were as long as one of the functions could be used. And you would also have an indication of which blocks were present in the preset. And it seems like it would be much less confusing than using colors.
-
Austin

Strike-through would be the best formatting style to indicate that an effect is not available, but I guess that 's impossible.

Back