Mastermind GT16 /Phantom Power Box arrrrrrrrrrrgh

Ive Been struggling to get the GT 16 and Axe Fx 3,to work when connected thru the phantom power box
I notice the tap tempo doesn’t work,and it won’t get preset names from the axe it just hangs.The GT16 works with two 5 pin midi cables,and power connected direct to the GT16,I get the tap tempo flashing,and am able to load the presets

I’ve checked all the wiring in the phantom box,all the midi cables both 5 pin and 7 pin they all work as intended.
I have the latest firmware to date on both units,all Axe Fx 3 settings all checked
Don’t know what else to check maybe some other setting who knows

Pretty sure I am I’ve got the one with 5 pin midi out midi in,power input on one side and the 7 pin on the other

Very strange that's the correct one. I have that one with 2 inputs and it all works. Are you still using the GT's power adapter plugged in to the phantom power box as well?

Are you getting power to the GT? or is it just various functions that don't work? I can only think it's your midi cables causing the problem. Might be worth emailing Ron to see if he can help. It could be the box itself causing the issue.

Back