MASTERMIND PBC FIRMWARE 4.0.11 / EDITOR 4.0.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ron, updated to 4.0.1 last night. I run in setlist mode, with tempos set per song. All presets are configured to use song tempo. This morning they changed a tempo on me. I went into the PBC menu to edit the song and change the tempo from 110 to 112, and it was incorrectly listed as 122.0. It would not let me change the value at all.

Luckily I had my laptop with me and was able to use the editor to change the song tempo and update the device. Have you seen this before? Am I doing something wrong or could this be a bug?

Hey Ron, updated to 4.0.1 last night. I run in setlist mode, with tempos set per song. All presets are configured to use song tempo. This morning they changed a tempo on me. I went into the PBC menu to edit the song and change the tempo from 110 to 112, and it was incorrectly listed as 122.0. It would not let me change the value at all.

Luckily I had my laptop with me and was able to use the editor to change the song tempo and update the device. Have you seen this before? Am I doing something wrong or could this be a bug?

Haven't seen it before, but will investigate.

Hey guys, is 4.0.1 pretty stable at this point? Haven't seen any new issues in a few weeks. I've been waiting to install it until after this month as I have a really busy playing schedule this month.

I’ve been using it since a few days after its release. The only issue I’ve had is that I can’t change a song’s tempo on the PBC itself. Ron is aware, but I haven’t gotten any additional feedback since I reported it.

Restating the issue I found:
I have tempos set per song, and all presets are set to use the song’s tempo. I can modify the song tempo in the editor just fine, send to the device, and everything works great. But the PBC won’t let me change the song tempo on the unit itself.

So if you upgrade, make sure to bring a laptop with you for any potential tempo changes.

Right-click the preset on the left. You’ll see copy from preset / copy to preset.

Yeah, sorry about that, I needed some screen space for the new options so the button got converted to a menu. As a bonus, I added Copy From Preset.

I’ve been using it since a few days after its release. The only issue I’ve had is that I can’t change a song’s tempo on the PBC itself. Ron is aware, but I haven’t gotten any additional feedback since I reported it.

Restating the issue I found:
I have tempos set per song, and all presets are set to use the song’s tempo. I can modify the song tempo in the editor just fine, send to the device, and everything works great. But the PBC won’t let me change the song tempo on the unit itself.

So if you upgrade, make sure to bring a laptop with you for any potential tempo changes.
That's the bug I'm most worried about. I need to be able to change on the fly, especially for a couple of songs that change tempo mid-song.

Last edited:
Hi All,

First post on this forum. Long time owner of an original Amp Gizmo and just received a PBC this morning. Haven't even powered it up yet but downloaded the latest 4.0.1 FIRMWARE/EDITOR and programmed up my entire pedalboard at lunch at work. BRILLIANT work, Ron! Love it. Using the new "Alternate" setting for the "Preset 2nd Press" so I can set up a bunch of A/B (rhythm/lead) presets.

Also noticed the new offset feature for the "Guitar" mode on the tuner. Question though. Are the offsets in Hz or Cents? I have Buzz Feiten axes and would like to program the offsets for the Feiten tuning. However, given there are 4 cents/Hz, it won't work too well if the offset units are Hz.

Thanks!
Dave

Thanks for the purchase!

Offsets are in cents, capo is specified in semitones.

BEAUTIFUL! I now have a built-in Buzz Feiten tuner and can now get one more box off my pedalboard (a Korg DT-7 tuner)!

I also now have ONE pedalboard that can handle MIDI control of my channel switchers AND total external pedal control when I run straight into a clean amp - The Grand Unified Pedalboard! Will post a pic when I'm done putting it together.

Thanks for the great products and support!

- Dave

Hi Ron,

Got my PBC talking to my pedals and original AMP Gizmo just fine but am running into a problem. Not sure if it's the new SW or my old Amp Gizmo.

But, when I start programming presets beyond the 3rd PBC bank (i.e. beyond preset 15), my Amp Gizmo starts getting confused and SEEMS to start using PC settings from Alternate presets which happen to be placed in Bank 3 (i.e. Presets 11-15).

I originally made the mistake of copying presets from one location to another WITHOUT restoring the original destination PC number and thought THAT was the problem. But, restoring original destination PC number and even assigning a specific Amp Gizmo Preset Action to make sure the PC numbers were not getting swapped or confused did not fix the problem. It almost seems like my original early model Amp Gizmo "wraps around" (or "punts" in some way) in response to PC numbers beyond 15.

I don't have any details docs on that early Amp Gizmo so thought I'd ask here. Any idea what's happening?

Thanks!
Dave
Hilton, NY

Hi Ron,

Got my PBC talking to my pedals and original AMP Gizmo just fine but am running into a problem. Not sure if it's the new SW or my old Amp Gizmo.

But, when I start programming presets beyond the 3rd PBC bank (i.e. beyond preset 15), my Amp Gizmo starts getting confused and SEEMS to start using PC settings from Alternate presets which happen to be placed in Bank 3 (i.e. Presets 11-15).

I originally made the mistake of copying presets from one location to another WITHOUT restoring the original destination PC number and thought THAT was the problem. But, restoring original destination PC number and even assigning a specific Amp Gizmo Preset Action to make sure the PC numbers were not getting swapped or confused did not fix the problem. It almost seems like my original early model Amp Gizmo "wraps around" (or "punts" in some way) in response to PC numbers beyond 15.

I don't have any details docs on that early Amp Gizmo so thought I'd ask here. Any idea what's happening?

Thanks!
Dave
Hilton, NY

I don't know anything specific that would cause that. The original Amp Gizmo has 128 presets, so it shouldn't wrap around so early. Did you try going to the Devices tab and clicking on "Set Preset PCs to Sequential" on the Amp Gizmo device? That will restore all PCs to the default (1, 2, 3, etc in sequential order)

I don't know anything specific that would cause that. The original Amp Gizmo has 128 presets, so it shouldn't wrap around so early. Did you try going to the Devices tab and clicking on "Set Preset PCs to Sequential" on the Amp Gizmo device? That will restore all PCs to the default (1, 2, 3, etc in sequential order)

Thanks for the advice! I have not tried that but will do so tomorrow. I do have the device set to "Amp Gizmo" but didn't go any further. I did go through all my PCB PC/Preset pairings in use to make sure they were sequential and unique and no Presets were "competing" with each other but that didn't fix it.

Just finished the 1st rehearsal with the PCB and it was great to pull off a few amp/pedal switcheroos with the Alternate feature that were impossible without a tap dance before. Sweet!

Ron,

SUCCESS! That fixed it! THANKS!

Hitting "Preset PCs to Sequential" on the Amp Gizmo device messed up a couple existing Presets but I think that was necessary to correct the PC numbering problem I somehow introduced. The adversely affected Presets were easy to correct and then I had to reprogram the Amp Gizmo accordingly. But, it all worked perfectly in the end! SWEET!

Here are some details for anyone interested:

The PBC is programmed for 24 total presets, 20 of which are different A/B rhythm/lead presets. Ten of that 20 use 3 pedals and 3 amp settings (via the Amp Gizmo). The remaining 10 presets use 5 pedals and 1 clean amp setting. Oh, and the Function switch is setup for my Stones (Brown Sugar) open-G tone using the black Xotic SL. So, I can use this one pedalboard for all my single channel "clean" amps AND my 3-channel Glaswerks SOD II Dumble-style.

RVARFD3.jpg

erObaqJ.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4024.jpg.jpeg
    IMG_4024.jpg.jpeg
    988.2 KB · Views: 16
  • erObaqJ.jpg
    erObaqJ.jpg
    905 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.