Mastermind PBC and ISP Decimator G String + Mini fx gizmo

eljodon

Hi, I just purchased the Mastermind PBC and I'm planning to use it with the Mini Effect Gizmo on the same pedalboard. I would like to know if you have any advice on how to run the ISP Decimator G string pedal. I'm moving from the Effects Gizmo which I used to use with all my pedals with 2 rack drawers, but I'm confused on how to plug it with my new system. I basically use the ISP just for my pedals by plugging my guitar into "guitar in" and the "Dec out" to my amps and using the "Guitar out" to the input of first pedal and the "Dec in" to the out of the last pedal, since I need the Mini Effects Gizmo for a few more extra pedals, I would like to know the best way to plug the ISP Decimator G String into my system.

I'm using a 4 amp setup with an Ampete 444 going into a Suhr Reactive Load which goes into a 12 loop Effects Gizmo so I can switch out a Hush Super C and various eq's and a Axe Fx 2 for effects and Sound Sculpture Volcano for volume pedal and different levels of boost. Hopefully I'll be able to get all working together once I can figure out the Mastermind PBC. I'm trying to make my system smaller with less rack stuff.

I use the Decimator with the PCB....I have all my OD and compression pedals in loops 1-6.....so I only loop the Decimator on these loops.....it's sort of a tricky setup that I would have to be home with my wiring diagram to explain how to exactly hook it up.......it's not in a loop to turn on and off.....I leave it on all the time.....but I adjust it slightly depending on single coil or humbucker.....

I use the Decimator with the PCB....I have all my OD and compression pedals in loops 1-6.....so I only loop the Decimator on these loops.....it's sort of a tricky setup that I would have to be home with my wiring diagram to explain how to exactly hook it up.......it's not in a loop to turn on and off.....I leave it on all the time.....but I adjust it slightly depending on single coil or humbucker.....

Thanks for your response. I probably used it the same way when I was using the Decimator with the Effects gizmo. The output from the Effects gizmo went into the Dec in of the ISP and the input from the Effects Gizmo went into the" guitar out" of the ISP. I then plugged the guitar into the "guitar in" of the Decimator and the out went into my amps.
I would like to be able to switch it off in a loop if it's possible.

Thanks for your response. I probably used it the same way when I was using the Decimator with the Effects gizmo. The output from the Effects gizmo went into the Dec in of the ISP and the input from the Effects Gizmo went into the" guitar out" of the ISP. I then plugged the guitar into the "guitar in" of the Decimator and the out went into my amps.
I would like to be able to switch it off in a loop if it's possible.
Yes...that is what I have. The FX I/O of the Decimator in and out of the FX loop of the amp. Guitar into the Dec In and then Out of the Dec to the 1st Input of the PCB.

How about having the FX I/O of the Decimator in Loop 6 (or any loop really) and anything in any loop before it would be effected by it if that loop is engaged. Then you could turn the Decimator's loop on and off as wanted. Your Guitar I/O on the Decimator would remain the same. You could the loop with the Dec in it to be on or off in different Presets.

Yes...that is what I have. The FX I/O of the Decimator in and out of the FX loop of the amp. Guitar into the Dec In and then Out of the Dec to the 1st Input of the PCB.

How about having the FX I/O of the Decimator in Loop 6 (or any loop really) and anything in any loop before it would be effected by it if that loop is engaged. Then you could turn the Decimator's loop on and off as wanted. Your Guitar I/O on the Decimator would remain the same. You could the loop with the Dec in it to be on or off in different Presets.

I'll give it a try!Thanks! The only problem I might have is that I might be running out of loops! I'm using 7 OD or boost pedals already plus 2 different eq's! I have the Boss GE10 10 band graphic eq and a Furman PQ 3. I had to build a custom pedalboard so I could fit the Furman PQ3 at the bottom because I haven't found a parametric eq that sounds as good. That's one of the main reasons for using the Decimator. I might check out the Empress Para Eq which it's supposed to be very quiet but it has 3 position selectable "Q" and I like to have more options. Like I described above, I'm also using the RJM mini Gizmo that gives me 5 extra loops so I'm planning to use the loops 1-6 on the PBC and figure out where I'm going to insert the Mini Gizmo depending on which order I'm going to run my pedals.
I play in a band that we do 3 sets, a 70's, 80's and then a 90's set so I need to be able to cover a lot of tones while also using a 4 amp set up. I got the Mastermind PBC to get rid of a rack to make the set up as portable as possible!

There's an insert point between loops 4 and 5 also on the PCB that might work for something out of the ordinary.....it would effect anything in loops 1-4.....just thinking.....

There's an insert point between loops 4 and 5 also on the PCB that might work for something out of the ordinary.....it would effect anything in loops 1-4.....just thinking.....

Thanks! The problem is that I use a ton of pedals for overdrive plus 2 different eq's and I haveI mapped out how to plug my pedals. I'll use the first 6 loops of the PBC starting with the Carl Martin compressor on loop1, then the Boss GE10, Furman PQ3, Boss MT2, Maxon OD808, Way Huge Green rhino on loop 6. The I'll use the 5-6 out to plug the Mini Gizmo input then plug the Friedman BE-OD on the 1st loop, then the Full Drive 2, OCD, Echoplex preamp and the TC Electronic SF chorus on loop 5 and then use the ISP Decimator like I used it before which is the way you plug yours plugging 1-4 in on the PBC to the Guitar out on the Decimator, the out of the Effects Gizmo into the Dec in, the out of the Decimator to my amps and my guitar into the in of the Decimator. I'll just have to build a junction box for my pedalboard. Then I'll use the 7-10 for time base effects.

I wish someone from RJM could tell me a way to use a loop so I can switch it in and out. I would loose the Boss MT2 since I use it for one song. I'm sure is really obvious

Just put it in a loop like any other effect, although the Decimator is actually wired like two effects:

First half of the Decimator
Loop 1 send - Decimator in
Loop 1 return - Decimator send

Second half of Decimator
Loop x send - Decimator return
Loop x return - Decimator out

Pick a loop that's after your gain, but before delay and reverb

Just put it in a loop like any other effect, although the Decimator is actually wired like two effects:

First half of the Decimator
Loop 1 send - Decimator in
Loop 1 return - Decimator send

Second half of Decimator
Loop x send - Decimator return
Loop x return - Decimator out

Pick a loop that's after your gain, but before delay and reverb

Thanks again for your quick response. Perhaps RJM should make a mini effects gizmo with 6 loops so I don't have to loose the extra loop! I'm using the first 6 loops of the PBC plus all 5 loops of a Mini Effects Gizmo for the rest for my compressor, od & boost pedals plus 2 eq's. I might have to loose the Boss MT2 pedal to accomplish this because it's annoying having the ISP on a clean amp. I have the Effects Gizmo with 12 loops which I'm only using 5 loops to switch other things in my rack. I could switch them and use the MEGizmo on my rack and the EG on my pedalboard which was custom made to fit one rack space unit at the bottom or I might have to buy another MEGizmo. I was using a Furman PQ3 but I purchased an Empress ParaEQ to replace it.

I'm loving the Mastermind PBC! What a brilliant piece of gear!

This is the system I was using before so the Mastermind PBC is replacing the Fractal Audio MFC101, the rack drawers that has many pedals and the Axe Fx 2 with the Eventide H9 max, Strymon timeline, BigSky and Mobius so I can use a smaller rack instead of 2 to lower the weight and just have a pedalboard. I'm trying to make the system scalable depending on the gig so I can use one amp or 4 or the Kemper Profiler. I'm still waiting for several pieces to arrive so I can finish it.IMG_1061.jpg IMG_1060.jpg

Are you using the G String all the time, or will you be switching it in and out?

Sorry, I didn't see this post.My apologies! I answer the question at the bottom. I need to switch it off with the clean tones. I'm using and old crappy Hush Super C for high gain tones on my rack after the Suhr Reactive load but it's plugged into an Effects Gizmo so I can switch it off, so it would be nice to be able to do the same with the Decimator

Sorry, I didn't see this post.My apologies! I answer the question at the bottom. I need to switch it off with the clean tones. I'm using and old crappy Hush Super C for high gain tones on my rack after the Suhr Reactive load but it's plugged into an Effects Gizmo so I can switch it off, so it would be nice to be able to do the same with the Decimator

Ok, what I posted yesterday is what you need then, you can switch out both halves of the Decimator that way.

Back