MASTERMIND PBC FIRMWARE 2.0.2 / EDITOR 2.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
The 2.0 firmware for the Mastermind PBC is now available.

NEW FEATURES:
  • Expansion to 768 presets
  • Ability to specify tempos at the Song level
  • Big improvement in tap tempo accuracy
  • Device PC + and Device PC - button types allow you to scroll through the presets on a device
  • The Store button will save any changes you've made with the Device PC-/+ buttons, which allows you to edit PCs without using the editor or setup mode.
  • Page Up and Down buttons now have user configurable min and max limits
  • Preset -/+ buttons now advance through songs when last preset in song is reached
  • PBC can now read preset names from Axe-Fx and Kemper
  • Expander mode - link two PBCs together to make a 20 loop switcher
  • Tuner can now be controlled using a MIDI CC
  • Tuner now has a configurable reference frequency
  • Local button pages can now have names
  • "Show Button Names" setting, when turned on, briefly displays the name of each button as they are pressed
  • Added acceleration to repeating buttons, especially useful in the setup menus
  • When editing numbers in setup, pressing mute sets the number to its minimum value
  • Uses condensed fonts where appropriate to fit more info on screen
  • When in bank select mode, the PBC now scrolls through all of the presets in the bank, displaying the name of each preset. Speed is user configurable
  • Momentary function switches now have user-configurable pulse time
  • Click Stopper can now be configured for the amount of time before and after the relays switch. This improves click stopper performance, especially on loops 7-10
  • When editing presets, songs and setlists, the currently selected preset, song, setlist will be highlighted.

NEW DEVICES SUPPORTED:
  • Atomic Amplifire
  • Boss DD-500
  • Line 6 Helix
  • Pigtronix Echolution 2

BUG FIXES:
  • Fixed bug in editing numerical parameters (on board editing)
  • Fixed inability to edit preset offset
  • Fixed bug in that didn't correctly set up the function button to be Tap Tempo
  • Fixed bug that occurred when using instant bank switching and switching between songs with the same first preset
  • Many others...
EDITOR-SPECIFIC CHANGES:
  • Added missing function switch settings
  • When turning IA buttons on and off in presets, the button name text highlights >like this< to show whether main or hold functions are active
  • Added in ability to edit color of a button’s hold function - this color will be shown when the button’s main function and hold function are both turned on (like on loop 7-10 buttons)
  • External switches are now shown in the virtual PBC display - allows you to edit & set state of external switches for each preset
UPDATE 11/25/2015:
Version 2.0.1 has two bug fixes:
  • Fixed editing of tempo in songs
  • You can use a vertical bar '|' to put a comment in a preset, song or button name. The bar and any text after it will not be displayed in normal use, but will appear in the editor and setup menus. This was actually in 2.0, but wasn't working 100% and was not documented.
UPDATE 12/3/2015:
Version 2.0.2 has two bug fixes:
  • Fixed a bug that happens when the first preset has a local page, but Auto Page Select is not on.
  • Fixed some text alignment issues
UPDATE 12/7/2015:
PBC Editor version 2.0.1 has two bug fixes:
  • Fixed a nasty, nasty bug in drag and drop within preset, song and setlist lists.
  • Fixed display of comments in preset and song names
TO UPDATE FIRMWARE:

- First, back up your settings to a flash drive or computer! If you go back to 1.0, your PBC will factory reset.
- Download and unzip the firmware file.
- Copy the file to a USB flash drive, and remove any other .rjf files from the flash drive.
- Eject the drive from your computer.
- Power on the Mastermind PBC while holding the 1 and 3 buttons.
- Keep holding until you see "PBC Bootloader" appear on the screen.
- Now plug the flash drive into your Mastermind PBC. The update should begin and will take a few minutes to complete.

Firmware: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/PBC202.zip

Mac Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/PBCEditor-2.0.1.dmg
PC Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/PBCEditor-2.0.1.zip

Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/manuals/PBC Manual-2.0.pdf

Last edited:
Hey Ron,
Thanks for all the work on this firmware update! I'm still on the last beta version, and this may be fixed in the production release, but I can't change tempo at the song level from the PBC. I can highlight tempo when editing the song, but can't select it and actually change it.

Thanks again, this firmware update is epic!
Bill

so far... working flawless for me. LOVE the PC+/- store ability. That is enormous for me! great work!

Excellent update, but I having some naming issues in the PBCEditor:
- a text will not be shown in the Preset-List after putting a vertical bar in Preset Name tab
- a modified text in the Song-Name menu will not be shown in the Setlist menu

PBCEditor-2.0
FW PBC201
OSX 10.9.5

Here I made a short video

Editor version 2.0.1 now available. This version fixes drag and drop within presets, songs and setlists. There was a nasty bug hiding in there and probably caused a lot of problems that I couldn't reproduce or locate in the past months. It also fixes comment display in preset and song names.

Hi all -

I'm getting an "Unable to open directory" error message after I insert my USB drive. I can't find my RJM thumb drive, so this is just an extra drive I have lying around. I tried formatting both for Mac and dos, but neither is working. It seems that it's looking for a specific directory or drive name.

Let me know what I need to do. I'd love to flash this today because I have gig tomorrow and would love to enter song tempos.

The drive is probably not partitioned correctly. Since it sounds like you have a Mac, go into Disk Utility, select the flash drive, then select Erase. In the dialog that pops up, select MS-DOS (FAT) for the format, and Master Boot Record for the Scheme. That should do it.

The drive is probably not partitioned correctly. Since it sounds like you have a Mac, go into Disk Utility, select the flash drive, then select Erase. In the dialog that pops up, select MS-DOS (FAT) for the format, and Master Boot Record for the Scheme. That should do it.
Thanks! That did the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back