MASTERMIND PBC FIRMWARE / EDITOR 2.1.4

I had a similar issue a few days ago. I tried setting up a dedicated nav menu page as page 2 to take me directly to all the other pages I made, and sometimes the IA buttons on said nav page would require more than one press to execute the go to page x command.

All buttons that switch pages should be set to Momentary, with Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned off. This will make sure that the page buttons don't accidentally trigger during preset changes, and they don't stay on when pressed. (Because if they stay on, they'll turn off the next time you press them, which does nothing.)

Just updated to 2.1.2 and now the Bank Up function directs the unit to the "Loops" page.

Also, I had to reset the Loops and Switches buttons as they began requiring 2 presses for the unit to change pages. I reset the switches to momentary and it's working now.

Btw, I'm running the windows version editor.

Can you send me your settings? I can investigate the Bank Up thing.

All buttons that switch pages should be set to Momentary, with Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned off. This will make sure that the page buttons don't accidentally trigger during preset changes, and they don't stay on when pressed. (Because if they stay on, they'll turn off the next time you press them, which does nothing.)
That did the trick, thanks!

For the previous firmware, I thought I was able to send midi cc's on buttons assigned as device pc -/+. I was sending a program change to an expression pedal when I would change presets on strymon/h9 pedals which gave me instant control of that pedal with the expression. Was this disabled?

No, a device PC -/+ button only sends the PC, not anything else. It hasn't been any different in previous releases.

This makes me think that it would be useful to have a setting that tells a non-IA button to run its action list in addition to doing its main function. So, you could send a CC from a device PC +/- button, send a PC when you press page up, anything else like that... I'll think about the implications of that idea...

OK thanks, I could've swore I had it set up that way but my set up is pretty complicated and I'm new to it so I must of got it mixed up. I do think it would be useful, in my case I have a page set up to scroll several Strymon pedals presets and to have my expression follow those as I scroll presets is convenient. My expression pedal switches control of each pedal with program changes.

This makes me think that it would be useful to have a setting that tells a non-IA button to run its action list in addition to doing its main function. So, you could send a CC from a device PC +/- button, send a PC when you press page up, anything else like that... I'll think about the implications of that idea...[/QUOTE]

That would be great, I was hoping to send a command to turn on the audio loop for a device when pressing its device PC +/- button.

Yes Charlie that would be useful and with that It would be useful to ia link any loop on messages regardless of off value. Or Another idea would be if this then that rules for each page. I have some buttons that act as loop buttons normally but have secondary functions on hold like looper control. I could enable loop on with no off messages if I could ia link that to the loop on off button or setup an IFTT rule.

Not sure what changed, but all of a sudden after my update to 2.1.2, the editor has trouble connecting to the PBC. It has never been an issue before, ever. Now, even through I'm plugged in as normal, it won't find the device. I have to reboot my computer, then it works. Then, if I unplug and try to replug back in... it can't find the device again. any ideas??? or anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Weird - I tried it on six different Macs with no trouble. Please let me know if you can find any pattern to this problem.

I don't know how to trouble shoot this issue.. but it is still having an issue connecting. I reverted back to the prior software and it worked fine. Then reloaded the newest, and its spotty. If I disconnect the only way I can reconnect is to reboot my computer.

Quitting the editor and restarting it doesn't help? And when you say you reverted back to the previous version, do you mean 2.1.1 or earlier?

Can I get exact version numbers on the Mac OS versions from you folks? I might be able to load up a Mac with that version and test it. All of mine have 10.11.2, but yours sound like they have something earlier. You can get the number from the About This Mac menu item.

correct... If I close out and reopen, it does not connect again. Only a full reboot will allow me to reconnect.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 1.12.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 1.12.13 PM.png
    117.9 KB · Views: 8
Back