MIDI CLOCK + BPM Question

Mkuebbeler

Okay. I have 2 H9s both changing BPMs on various songs etc. Some of the effects on the H9s will change their "BPM type" when the song BPM gets plugged in. Example would be a chorus effect totally changes now because of the clock sending a tempo to the H9. A reverb, pitch, flanger etc. I don't see anything on the H9 to not allow this change to take place other than to remove MIDI CLOCK (unless I'm missing something).

Is there a way to resolve this? The only time I want an effect on the H9s to change BPMs is on delay effects.

In H9 Control. there's a "Tempo On" switch in most effects. Turning that off should prevent an effect from responding to MIDI clock.

In H9 Control. there's a "Tempo On" switch in most effects. Turning that off should prevent an effect from responding to MIDI clock.

Ron,

I want to say I tried that and it still didn’t work. When Tempo is set to on, it’ll display a BPM. Off it shows in milliseconds (for delays). Issue I have is even on a chorus effect, when you tap, or in this case use the clock, the “speed” knob is being changed. The same is true for reverbs etc. I don’t see a way to stop that, unless I preset a bunch of effects to various tempos and not use the clock. I’m really hoping to avoid that.

I'm not in front of an H9, but I do see in H9 Control there's a Global Tempo setting in Pedal Settings. Turning this off may help. If that doesn't do it, you'll probably have to contact Eventide and see if they have a solution.

I'm not in front of an H9, but I do see in H9 Control there's a Global Tempo setting in Pedal Settings. Turning this off may help. If that doesn't do it, you'll probably have to contact Eventide and see if they have a solution.

Thanks Ron,

I’ll check it when I’m home and see what happens.

Back