MIDI display

So here's a question. Does anybody know of a small LCD display, or perhaps an iPad piece of software that when I make a midi change on my amp and midi switcher (to select a new tone) that can display the name of the tone (which I allocate to it).

It would be a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a VoodooLabs GCX or other midi pedalboard with built in LCD!

I have no idea where to find such a thing.

Thanks

there is an ipod app which will read midi messages sent over wifi, but do do that you either need a midi wireless transmitter or a pc/mac with wifi capability connected via via a midi interface to your rig.

or a line 6 midi mobilizer to connect iopd direct via midi

I wondered about the Line6 midi mobiliser. Does that display the name of the midi patch? If so it might be perfect.

I can program a patch into my H&K Switchblade amp, use the effect mini to control which pedals are active in the chain, and then with a midi thru cable the Line6 software displays the name of the patch e.g. "Plexi crunch rhythm" rather than simply the bank and number that the Switchblade foot pedal shows.

the line 6 hardware on its own wont

neither will anything else unless your foot controller or whatever you use to do patch switching also transmits patch name info

however the line 6 mobilizer in conjunction with an iphone/ipod and the midivision app you may be able to add patch name descriptions to the received messages

Back