MIDI goals

spiritledd

hello all :D i know this is very long :roll: but i have some pretty ambitious MIDI goals ...i am new, so i guess it's sort of an introduction?

first off, i am running two Valvstate Marshalls... the Bi-Chorus 200, which has two channels and chorus switching ...and the VS 102R, which has three channels, and works a little different

with a standard two switch Marsh pedal, you have to hit the chorus (the right hand switch) then channel switch (the left hand switch) to get to channel 3 ...so i don't know if that will work out with the RG and GT? ...maybe put those next to each other on GT and step on both same time?

also, using a Rockman Sustainor which has two channels, bypass jack, pre-distortion send and return jacks and a volume jack, for expression pedal ...but i only use it as pre-amp for clean and solo in front of amp ...also, i use a Damage Control tube distortion/compressor thru RG loop in front of amp

but the DC is two switch, "dist/comp" ...i wonder if i could get it modded to send to the RG? ...it's just that the DC sounds really good with these Marshalls ...especially with the Ed Roman blackback Duncan pups ...best tone i have had in 32 years of playing!

i would like to figure a way to send the DC in front of one amp, and Rockman to other amp with one button ...but also be able to go to both amps at same time ...yet being able to switch the two different distortions and amps in different combonations, this would give SO many more voices ...don't know if that is do-able though?

maybe if i bought more stuff :lol:

also, i have Eventide Time Factor, Mod Factor ...and Boss Beat Slicer that is MIDI too ...but only in, no out/thru

also, VoiceLive 2 for my vocals, which is also MIDI ...only wanting to sync the tap for now ...maybe get it switching from GT later ...don't think my legs are long enough to reach GT and the VL2, standing in front of mic :lol:

i used to use Alesis SR 16 drum machine that has MIDI in/out/thru, and PreSonus Firepod thru Cubase to sync tempo with recording software and beat slicer ...which really worked well ...tried to sync the Eventides unsuccessfully :x

i recently upgraded to a PreSonus Studiolive 16.4.2 mixer, and i am using Studio One Pro software on a Sweetwater Creation Station recording PC

but neither have MIDI ports :x ...i still have Firepod which is MIDI ...and Native Instruments MIDI controller software maybe there are MIDI options with these? ...there are two firewires inputs on mixer, and Firepod is firewire ...i will have to do some more research

one major goal is to have drum mac as the master time clock to recording software and effects ...but still have Mastermind GT be able to sync ALL effects by tap tempo ...not at same time, but a least when i stop drum mac ...don't know if it is do-able though?

this is where i am at so far... wires are hooked up :) ...and i am studying the manuals and reading RJM forums :D

also i ordered the two "8 pin-1/4TRS" for Rack Gizmo ...when i get them, i will start programming

i used the 4 in front, 4 in back of amp wiring diagram for RG

i am not running in stereo with the Eventides, instead i split those stereo in/outs to go to the audio loops AND switching functions on the RG ...reason: i like to go in front of amps for clean channels, and thru send/return loops in back of amp for distortion ...hope this is gonna work?

so, i am a bit intimadated by all this at once ...i hope i did not bite off more than i can chew :eek: ...but even if it takes the rest of my life, i am bound and determined to do this ...i may need a little/lot of help though:lol:

on the splitting of the Eventide's stereo channels ...going in front, and back of amps thru RG? ...it does work quite nicely :D

my Sustainor sounds different though thru RG ...maybe because it is 12 volt DC?

wonder if i should go send/return on Sustainor, instead of in/out for RG loop?

I'll try to get some answers for you soon, but I'm gonna need some time to really read through everything and digest it all.

thanks Ron ...take your time, no rush ... i know you are you really working hard ...i don't how you find time to answer all these questions ...BTW very pleased with RG and GT ...thinking of moving towards rack system now ...little by little that is $$$$:) ...but with RG and GT the sky is the limit now:)

Where are you at with this rig now? I could give you some advice, but I should probably figure out how things are set up now so I don't tell you something you've already figured out.

Regarding all of the MIDI clock issues - I'm looking into MIDI clock support for firmware version 1.2. One we have that, all of your effects should sync up easily. I'll also provide support for an incoming clock.

i did not see this until just now ...have not got to programming "instant access" ...i just used the loops buttons to turn single effects on and off, since Rack Gizmo was a default device already ...i have the TimeFactor MIDI working, and amps are switching channels at same time as loops ...i have not programed ModFactor to switch MIDI yet ...but i will get to that ... gonna need a Effect Gizmo, but probably not till next work season ... the RG and GT were first step towars rack rig

also i ended up taking Rockman Sutainor out of loops ...to noisy, and tone changed ...i used to keep it on top of amps ...i'm thinkin the shorter cables made differance?

clean pre-amp section of RS sounded like acoustic guitar tone ...i tried using the Rocktron "Hush" right before amp with short cable ...didn't help ...maybe put it back on top of amp, with a shorter cable from output, that may be the difference ...more experimentation:)

Back