Midi tap tempo making my h90 go crazy

Anybody know what’s up with this? My midi tap is making my h90 go crazy. The tempo just jumps up and down all over the place. It’s jumping like 20-40 clicks. Any ideas?

I tried to attach a video. It won’t let me upload it.

Does it jump when you're tapping or when you're changing presets? If the former, switch your button from momentary to latching, or vice-versa. If the latter, make sure your tap button doesn't have Send on Preset Change turned on.

It’s just jumping constantly. It won’t just sit on a tempo. And I don’t mean like, it’s jumping up and down when I change from preset to preset. Haha. I mean, like when I’m on a preset, the midi tempo that’s showing up on the h90 is just constantly moving.

Are you using actual tap tempo or MIDI clock? Are there any MIDI devices in between the Mastermind and the H90? It kinda sounds like you have more than one device generating MIDI clock.

There’s an hx effects in between, but they’re both set to receive midi clock. I’ve even tried to switch them. Still just jumping all around on the h90.

It sounds like an H90 issue, then - the same MIDI clock is sent to all devices, so if one device is handling the clock ok, the clock itself should be ok.

Back