Mini amp gizmo with Voodoo Ground Control

AllanWilliams

(please delete if this is a duplicate post - didnt see my first one go through)

I've had my mini amp gizmo for several years and comfortable with that, but have just got a Voodoo Ground Control Pro and new to programming that.
My gizmo is running my Mesa MarkV.
I have the GCPro running in 4 presets/bank mode which is working fine with my gizmo for functions such as Reverb on/off, Solo on/off and Mute on/off. I am running a GCX unit as well for my foot pedals, so this mode seems like the most suitable one for all these operations.
I have the gizmo in GCX Emulation mode which seems to make communication with the GCPro the most natural. I have the gizmo with 1, 2, and 3 grouped for the 3 channels.
What I am finding though, when assigning a GCPro button to each of the amp channels is that in most cases, but not always, I am having to press the button twice for the amp gizmo to respond and change the amp channel selection. The lights of the GCPro also then dont relate to the selection but I am not so worried about that in comparison to the having to press twice issue.
I realise that this may be more of a GCPro question than a gizmo question but hoped you had seen/heard of this before and know how to resolve and what changes I may need to make on either the GCPro or the gizmo to get the best setup.

With thanks
Allan

The GCPro doesn't have any way to group buttons together. Without that, you can't make it mirror exactly what the Mini Amp Gizmo's buttons are doing. They get out of sync, which causes the behavior you saw.

The way most people get around this is to use the preset buttons to control amp channels and the instant access buttons to control the other functions like loop and boost. Otherwise, you need to use a different MIDI controller that can support button grouping.

Back