Mini Effects Gizmo - MFC-101 power

Torpus

In reading the MEG manual it indicates that it can run on 9VAC. The MFC-101 requires 9VAC, but I cannot find a current draw for the MFC anywhere on the web or in their manual. The manual lists power consumption of <10W, which at 9 volts would indicate a current of 1 amp or less. However, I don't know if this is closer to the 1 amp mark or closer to a 400ma mark like a Voodoo Lab GCP.

Does anyone know the actual current draw of an MFC-101?
If the current draw is 1 amp, and the MEG is 200ma, will the MEG support a 1.2 amp 9VAC power supply? Would that work?

I'd like to use the MEG in conjuction with the MFC via a 7-pin midi cable, but can't determine the actual power consumption of the MFC. If anyone has some insight I'd be grateful.

Thanks,

Torpus

You can use as high current of an AC adapter as you'd like on the MEG, however. If the device you're powering draws too much (more than 2 amps or so) it could damage the MEG.

I don't know what the MFC draws, but I can't imagine it'd be much. Even our upcoming Mastermind GT draws between 1 and 1.5 amps, and that has to power an unbelievable amount of LEDs. I bet the MFC draws less than 200mA.

Back