Mini LIne Mixer and volume jump

boof

Question for anyone that might be able to help.
I have a mini line mixer that I now have connected correctly thanks to Rons advice, that I plan to use with a delay so the trails dont get cut off when turing the loop off. I got it set up a little while ago but I have noticed a very distinct jump in volume when I engage the loop that is using the mini line mixer. Anyone know why this happens and how to get around it?

mlmdd7.jpg

You will get some increase in volume, because you're going from one signal input into the mixer to two... you're (intentionally or otherwise) running the delay in parallel, except that you've got dry signal passing through the delay pedal too. There's no Kill Dry feature on the DD-7. One way you might attempt to resolve this is to put a grounded dummy plug (ie a jack plug with the tip and the sleeve connected together) into Return 7 - that way, when the delay's on, the signal is only going the way of the delay pedal, not direct to the mixer as well. You could also use another loop to do this (basically creating a switchable dry mute), but that's a bit more fiddly.

The one thing missing from the Mini Line Mixer IMO is footswitchable dry mute... but I don't know where you'd put the jack socket for it! I'd sacrifice the L4 input personally, but if you want to use four stereo devices then you'd need this.

Thanks Martin ill give the dummy plug a shot. What else do I have to do at 6:30 am? you are correct in that the intention is to run the delay in parallel.

By dummy plug I assume you mean just put a spare George L jack in the return...

Boof

Back