Mini Line Mixer with Expression pedal

masch

Hello again,
I'm happy to report that I have finally received my ordered Mini Effect Gizmo and Line Mixer, they all came through the mail in their nifty packages and ready to go. One question that has come up after connecting my rig is would I be able to connect the line mixer (and the Eventide TimeFactor that is essentially controlled via the Line Mixer) with an Expression Pedal ? I would ideally want to control how wet the signal is when the FX loop is enabled. What would the connection be in order to control this? Secondly, does the brand or make of the expression pedal play any part in this or would any pedal do?
Please let me know what you think,
Euripides

If you only have a single effect, you can connect the Timefactor output to the volume pedal input, and volume pedal output to the line mixer input. That'll control the wet level for you.

You will definitely need a volume pedal, not just an expression pedal (although most pedals perform both functions these days).

Thanks for that! I failed to mention that the TimeFactor would be going through a Mini Effects Gizmo and this is, taken from my other thread, is what you suggested I should do with the connections:

Guitar into Buf In
Effects in loops 1-3
Send 4 to amp input
Amp's loop send to Return 4
Send 5 to delay input
Delay output to Line mixer input 1 right
CS Out to Line mixer input 4 right
Line mixer output to amp's loop return

How would this change now with the addition of the Expression Vol Pedal and perhaps the addition of a Tuner pedal too?
Thanks for your answers, this would help me loads!

I'd still connect the delay output to the volume pedal input and the volume pedal output to the line mixer input.\\

I'd just put the tuner in front, before the signal gets to the Mini Effect Gizmo.

I'd put the volume pedal before the delay, then pulling the volume down doesn't unnaturally reduce the level of the echoes. This way the volume pedal is acting as a delay level control, which sounds much more musical.

Cheers for the info guys!
Regarding the tuner, can't I connect it to the 'out' of the Mini Effect Gizmo? I think I saw that on the product's manual. I'd also love it if you could please clarify, when you say before the delay does that mean connect the expression pedal to the delay pedal's 'in'?
I've tried the new setup today, it sounds rocking!

Yes, both the output and CS Out can be used simultaneously.

And, yes, "before" in this context means "connect to the input".

Back